• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Necessity is the mother of invention

importfighter01

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
144   0
Reaction score
So for those of you that carry a wheel gun, I'm sure you have discovered that the methods of carry for speed loaders in an efficient manner are limited. The split 6 design is not bad, but can be bulky. OWB kydex pouches (like the type used in competitions like IDPA) protrude badly off the belt. Pocket carry can be bulky as well. So I quickly realized that if I was going to have a carry method that worked for me I was going to have to create it myself. My criteria were that it had to be IWB, carriable even without a belt present, curved to accommodate waist shape, kydex so that a loader could be reinserted without needing to remove the pouch first, and tuckable for business casual carry .

This is the result, born of an On Your 6 Designs OWB double mag pouch, Ulticlips, and Alien Gear holster hardware I had lying around. Initial carry test worked out very well and I could not be happier. Tools used were a toaster oven to reheat the Kydex for remolding and a Dremel.

IMG_2376.JPG

IMG_2378.JPG

IMG_2379.JPG

IMG_2377.JPG

IMG_2380.JPG

It's a shame that something like this is not mass produced today, but craftsmanship does create pride of ownership. Perhaps the marketplace thinks there are not a lot of wheel gun owners looking for an IWB method of speedloader carry.

NEAT! Don't know about anybody else, but I would buy one...
Ditto....ill take one for the .44 - 5 shot speed loader and one for the 6 shot full moon clips for .45acp.
Also one for the .45 long colt/.454casull speed loaders too!

Too bad there isnt a kydex guy on the ODT that can make these.....wait! Hmmmm. !! :becky:

Back
Top Bottom