• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Neckbeard????

View attachment 1732035

The wife was a different story. I honestly thought she had eye surgery because of what looked like heavy stiches above each eye. When I asked my boss about it he laughed hysterically and then told me that she shaves her eyebrows and then pencils them in, but she is terrible at it.

palmettomoon palmettomoon can eloquently explain this...

Ahh…..the neckbeard….

It’s become a sort of term of endearment or familiarization with some of my friends so we use it amongst ourselves in a goodnatured way, no insult intended.

That being said, in its most derogatory usage, a “neckbeard” is generally considered to be someone of little substance, with no marketable skills or aspirations for anything beyond fulfilling an immediate need. This usually entails attempting to purchase goods for resale at a ridiculously reduced price (lowball). The neckbeard is someone small minded enough to think that buying up all the .22 LR at Walmart or other discount stores at regular retail and then hauling it around town to resell to pawn brokers, gun shops or at the flea market for a $5 to $10 per box markup is a viable business plan. They are often retired or on SSI disability (yet strangely can carry a hundred pounds of .22LR) so they have plenty of time to drive around playing.

Some would argue they perform a valuable service by hoarding .22 and then making it available for sale, say when a trailer lot payment is due or the Pinto needs re-Bondo'ing. They can be spotted at Walmart around 5:00 - 6:00 a.m. and they'll likely have their wives or cousins in tow (usually one in the same) to buy up 'their' 3 box limits also. Neckbeards without family members around may sometimes be spotted by a growth of hair on their necks, not really a beard, just too lazy to shave since that will often involve the use of soap and water, something almost all neckbeards avoid like the plague. If you get close enough you can confirm any suspicion if they speak to you because their breath will smell of goat's ass.

Ahh…..the neckbeard….

It’s become a sort of term of endearment or familiarization with some of my friends so we use it amongst ourselves in a goodnatured way, no insult intended.

That being said, in its most derogatory usage, a “neckbeard” is generally considered to be someone of little substance, with no marketable skills or aspirations for anything beyond fulfilling an immediate need. This usually entails attempting to purchase goods for resale at a ridiculously reduced price (lowball). The neckbeard is someone small minded enough to think that buying up all the .22 LR at Walmart or other discount stores at regular retail and then hauling it around town to resell to pawn brokers, gun shops or at the flea market for a $5 to $10 per box markup is a viable business plan. They are often retired or on SSI disability (yet strangely can carry a hundred pounds of .22LR) so they have plenty of time to drive around playing.

Some would argue they perform a valuable service by hoarding .22 and then making it available for sale, say when a trailer lot payment is due or the Pinto needs re-Bondo'ing. They can be spotted at Walmart around 5:00 - 6:00 a.m. and they'll likely have their wives or cousins in tow (usually one in the same) to buy up 'their' 3 box limits also. Neckbeards without family members around may sometimes be spotted by a growth of hair on their necks, not really a beard, just too lazy to shave since that will often involve the use of soap and water, something almost all neckbeards avoid like the plague. If you get close enough you can confirm any suspicion if they speak to you because their breath will smell of goat's ass.

This will be forwarded to Webster’s.. please look for revised submission...!

Ahh…..the neckbeard….

Should be permanently attached to the ODT glossary. GeauxLSU GeauxLSU make it so.

Ahh…..the neckbeard….

Very informative, concise and definitive. I have both visual and written detail of the term now. All this time I’ve been seeing Neckbeards both young and old and had no clue that they were a subspecies all to themselves. Unfortunately, they breed. I’ve seen 3 generations of them in one place at one time.

So ya got the neckbeard thing, so let's talk about the most important comment in this thread. WTF is a competive goat breeding contest?! In for pictures.

It’s not something that ever caught on. We couldn’t get sponsorship and it was hard as heck to get the goats to cooperate. Pictures were not allowed.

Back
Top Bottom