• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NEED A COUPLE STRONG BACKS(UPDATE)

If you dont find anybody for this weekend and you need help next week let me know. Out of town this weekend but I dont mind helping.
Thank you very much for the offer to help WinstonSmith but I have to go out of town for work Monday so I really need some help this weekend. I'm hoping I can figure something out.

I had to move everything thing I own last month by myself, loaded and unloaded everything by myself except my safe so I know what you're dealing with.
If I wasn't down here between Newnan and Lagrange I would come help you for free.

It would cost me $100 to drive there.....

Op give me a call if you would like and I’ll try and help you not break your back....

I would start with if it’s not already DON’T put a safe in the bed of your truck.

Y'ALL GET YOUR POPCORN READY..........................

Well the good news first....finally got the safe where it needs to be in the house.
My wife and I got it off the truck and to the front porch but that's all we could do. Wound up calling a moving company and they sent a couple guys with some kind of shoulder strap contraptions and them 2 skinny dudes picked the dang thing up and walked it in the house. If I hadn't seen em do it I wouldn't have believed it.

Now the other news.... The way we got it off the truck was an accident. My dumbass had a rope tied around the pallet and I was "trying" to slide the pallet toward the rear of my truck bed, I don't know why, just seemed like the thing to do at the moment, anyway I had the other end of the rope attached to the hitch on my wifes' Chevy truck and was slowly sliding the pallet according to my plan. It slid about a foot then the pallet hung up and before I could stop, the whole dang safe-pallet and all in slow motion started tilting over....nothing I could do but watch.
So, safe was falling, wife was screaming, I was crapping in her truck seat and just watching it all happen.
After all that, we got the safe in the house with the movers help and all it did was put a couple scratches on it where it fell in my gravel driveway.
Any questions I'll be happy to answer them and tell whoever wants to know, exactly how not to move a gun safe.
Thanks for everybody's offers to help and stuff.
The end:)

Back
Top Bottom