• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a hobby for the winter ( recommendations ? )

Build a hang glider..my buddy built one of the winter project..completely home made with a bent pole frame..
Then in the spring we went up to a rock cliff peak and with my help...He chickened out.

So after a few beers and a double dog dare..i strapped it on and took the leap.

First the canvas tore and then the poles bent and then I crashed it into the rock mountainside and hung on for life/death..I survived and he figured out what he did wrong for future builds..

He also once built a Flint muzzleloader from scratch over the winter for project with a bored out machined barrel and a beautiful wood stock..He brought it by the farm one beautiful spring day and we took it out to the back pasture and with some advice and google we figured out how to load/shoot it..But, then, he chicken out firing it first time..

So,after a few beers and a double dog dare we loaded it up and I agreed to fire it!!

BOOM!!..(faceturns black from smoke)...But it fired!..

Don't know what he is working on this year?....last I heard he had bought a old bulldozer and had it in his shop as a winter project was building a Armoured TANK out of it..

I'm sure he will come by one day and want me to fire the cannon the first time..sigh

Build a hang glider..my buddy built one of the winter project..completely home made with a bent pole frame..
Then in the spring we went up to a rock cliff peak and with my help...He chickened out.

So after a few beers and a double dog dare..i strapped it on and took the leap.

First the canvas tore and then the poles bent and then I crashed it into the rock mountainside and hung on for life/death..I survived and he figured out what he did wrong for future builds..

He also once built a Flint muzzleloader from scratch over the winter for project with a bored out machined barrel and a beautiful wood stock..He brought it by the farm one beautiful spring day and we took it out to the back pasture and with some advice and google we figured out how to load/shoot it..But, then, he chicken out firing it first time..

So,after a few beers and a double dog dare we loaded it up and I agreed to fire it!!

BOOM!!..(faceturns black from smoke)...But it fired!..

I've seen your youtube channel, your famous! :)

Back
Top Bottom