• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a key fob programmed/key cut Metro area

Land Rover Discovery, newer one. Anyone?
Whew… good luck sir. I bought two off Amazon for my FJ and couldn’t get either to work after cutting and neither would program. Mine has the security and the fob in/ on the key itself. Ended up Toyota dealer at a cost of 365.00. I’m sure there is someone that could do it but I couldn’t find them.

Land Rover Discovery, newer one. Anyone?

I can't speak for their work, but there's a mobile company who have scheduled days at the Kroger gas stations in the Sandy Springs area. They're all setup in a professional looking work van. If the name pops in my head I'll post it.

Those programmed keys are a dealer item only unless things have changed since I was in the car business. You have to leave the vehicle with them. The have to download the codes to the key fobs and at LAND ROVER its gonna cost a limb. They were 100 bucks each for Dodge and Ram trucks. That was in 99-2002. They may have another option now but I wouldn't count on it. Even then I believe you had to have a key or a fob already programmed but don't hold me to that now, it's been a minute since I was up on that stuff.

Land Rover is different. Higher end vehicles require a key and programmer to work. And a lot of newer vehicles have gone to this so you HAVE to go to the Dealership. You can't just go to ACE hardware or a locksmith. You can order a kit online from a place like RemoteKeyLTD. Not sure if there's an American based website.

The only way around those options, is have the ignition replaced and have a new alarm installed. Which still has to be programmed to the vehicle. But it's much easier in the future should you need another key.

Had a mobile guy cut the key and program the fob on my other Rover 3 years ago. Took him a minute, but got it done for $60 at my house. Can't find his card.

Back
Top Bottom