• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a little help getting started

Is that not the way to go? I don't have anyone in my circle with knowledge on nfa/class 3 items. I'm the only gun enthusiast in the fan. What is another option to a trust?

file as an individual.
the pros to a trust is then multiple people could/ can be in possession of your NFA items, like your wife.
the cons with 41F is that all trustees have be fingerprinted and photographed.

not sure what happens if you are the only one on your trust, get your items, then add people.
dont think they have to jump through hoops since you already own it.

someone smarter than me should be able to answer that.

I am not a lawyer.........

The Kiosk only provides the required info to send to the ATF as in passport photo, fingerprints, etc. I did my Post 41F purchase using QRF as a transfer from the Class 3 dealer out of state. Once I paid my $5 AOW tax, Docusign sent me an email having me sign electronically my signature from my phone to my attached paperwork. Now I don't know if buying from a dealer that doesn't have a kiosk can use your info from a kiosk that they don't have access to. But on another note, your fingerprints and photo is good for 2 years from the approval date of your first Post 41F purchase. Once past that date you will have to redo fingerprints, photos, etc. Also I think QRF sent my letter to my CLEO notifying my purchase of a NFA item. But IANAL so my advice is what Ive been through so far my 1 month in the Post 41F world

file as an individual.
the pros to a trust is then multiple people could/ can be in possession of your NFA items, like your wife.
the cons with 41F is that all trustees have be fingerprinted and photographed.

not sure what happens if you are the only one on your trust, get your items, then add people.
dont think they have to jump through hoops since you already own it.

someone smarter than me should be able to answer that.

I am not a lawyer.........

The co-trustees of my trust do not have to comply with the 41F requirements. OP, give me a call. I'd be happy to discuss. 770-900-9175

We are NFALawyers.com

The co-trustees of my trust do not have to comply with the 41F requirements. OP, give me a call. I'd be happy to discuss. 770-900-9175

We are NFALawyers.com

I understand that since I have my trust with you but did not want to mislead the OP by stating anything related in the event they go with someone besides you for the trust.

I am not a lawyer..........but highly recommend H heavyd

HeavyD has another page on his trust that you need to use to make the process easier. Very easy to work with by the way and will answer your questions since we all have asked them already.

Back
Top Bottom