• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need A Mechanic 1965 Mustang Needs Motor Work

NewLeaf

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Glad2bHere
30   0
Reaction score
I'm between Rome & Cartersville but willing to drive some (car is loaded on the trailer and ready to go). Fresh rebuilt 302 out'a 69 Mustang. Runs like a top , just starts to over heat after about 10 miles (i haven't let it get over 240). I think maybe the last mechanic put the wrong gasket on the wrong head , from what i here ; due to water ports these are dedicated gaskets and maybe one'a the gaskets is blocking a port? It also seams the water pump is discharging on the wrong side, May need a reverse water pump installed? May need a different fan and or shroud? Brand new 4 flu alluminum radiator , new thermostat, new hoses , and supposedly fresh rebuilt heads. Water is circulating but not much. Just had my third back surgery so i can't do my own work anymore or i would . If the price is right and you know how i may have you install A/C as well (most everything is there but the compressor cause it had A/C before) I've been thru 3 mechanics and 4 motors so I'm lookin for somebody who knows what they're doing but not for dealership cost. The sooner i get the car running right the sooner Cody57 can get it to his body man and get it on the lot to sell. Cash In Hand . Thank You ODT

I'm between Rome & Cartersville but willing to drive some (car is loaded on the trailer and ready to go). Fresh rebuilt 302 out'a 69 Mustang. Runs like a top , just starts to over heat after about 10 miles (i haven't let it get over 240). I think maybe the last mechanic put the wrong gasket on the wrong head , from what i here ; due to water ports these are dedicated gaskets and maybe one'a the gaskets is blocking a port? It also seams the water pump is discharging on the wrong side, May need a reverse water pump installed? May need a different fan and or shroud? Brand new 4 flu alluminum radiator , new thermostat, new hoses , and supposedly fresh rebuilt heads. Water is circulating but not much. Just had my third back surgery so i can't do my own work anymore or i would . If the price is right and you know how i may have you install A/C as well (most everything is there but the compressor cause it had A/C before) I've been thru 3 mechanics and 4 motors so I'm lookin for somebody who knows what they're doing but not for dealership cost. The sooner i get the car running right the sooner Cody57 can get it to his body man and get it on the lot to sell. Cash In Hand . Thank You ODT
Check out California Cares in Roswell

might be able to tell if one headgasket is on upside down by looking
at them to see if they are symmetrical
I know it's weird but it wouldn't be upside down , just the wrong side. On those motors theres a water port on the drivers side and it'll get blocked if you don't put the right gasket on the right side (designated gaskets) . Thanks Though

Id do it if I wasnt so covered up. I got a '67 I cant even get time to work on. Has it overheated since day one of having the heads put on? An easy way to confirm the pump is circulating is take the top hose off at the radiator and let it warm up. If it starts belching coolant as the thermostat opens, then its pumping.

I know it's weird but it wouldn't be upside down , just the wrong side. On those motors theres a water port on the drivers side and it'll get blocked if you don't put the right gasket on the right side (designated gaskets) . Thanks Though

im not an F guy. but its common to goof the headgaskets on some
of those motors. sometimes you have to flip one over when you
install it. my brother once bought a F motor aftermarket that
had the headgasket on backwards. it smoked and overheated.

my thing is you said its been rebuilt. but any guy thats rebuilt
more than one should already know to flip the gasket over

idk man,hard to tell really how deep the stink hole goes

gl with it hope it works out for ya

Id do it if I wasnt so covered up. I got a '67 I cant even get time to work on. Has it overheated since day one of having the heads put on? An easy way to confirm the pump is circulating is take the top hose off at the radiator and let it warm up. If it starts belching coolant as the thermostat opens, then its pumping.
It's overheated since the motor change , that's when i changed the radiator and stuff (went all out)It's circulating but not as much as i think it should and the pumps discharge angle seams opposite of the rotation of the crank? If that makes sense?

Back
Top Bottom