• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a mechanic. Car pulling left

mgonza

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
‘Bout Tre Fiddy
171   0
Reaction score
hey guys. Who's the resident mechanic here? My girl hit a curb, blew a tire and now the entire car pulls to the left (the steering wheel turns buy itself. I've had two alignments done and put new tires on but no dice. does someone have a shop I can take it to?

2008 Mazda CX-7

I use: www.tiresplus.com ; they always have checked align. free, only charge if adj. is necc. On a vehicle(that I plan to keep) that needs adj., I opt. for the L/T package. They'll find the problem.(Also open Sun.) P.S: Your align. shop sux.

Did they give you a printout?? If so look at the caster specs. Those readings need to be within 1/2 degree of each other. Basically this and a radial tire pull cover 95% of all pull problems when driving at steady speed. The car will pull to the side with the least amount of caster. Toe and camber pretty much will not cause a pull.

If she hit the curb that hard, it may have bent something in the front suspension. A control arm, tie rod, strut. I bent a control arm the exact same way when I was 16 and no amount of alignment could fix it. Take it to a competent mechanic.

P.S. "It curves to the left" - that's what she said.

If you have paid to have two alignments done then they should have seen and know what is gong on, even if they are unable to resolve. Sounds to me like you are due a refund and need to get to a competent shop.

Do not use a tire shop, you need a collision repair place that can check the geometry of the frame/unibody.

You have crash damage, not wear on your suspension.

Back
Top Bottom