• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a mechanic. Car pulling left

If she hit the curb that hard, it may have bent something in the front suspension. A control arm, tie rod, strut. I bent a control arm the exact same way when I was 16 and no amount of alignment could fix it. Take it to a competent mechanic.

P.S. "It curves to the left" - that's what she said.
This. She bent a control arm or tie rod or both and your geometry is all out of wack now. The alignment shops probably got it as close as they could and charged you. Take it to a frame/alignment shop. Thats what they specialize in. If you cant find one locally, there is one in East Point I can direct you to.

If you have a look underneath the front end it may even be quite visible. As everyone's said, you need a mechanic, not tire a shop.

Many front wheel drive cars do not have adjustable caster, and adjustments require dropping the strut down and filing the strut tower. Something may be bent. Many of the good techs left the business when the shop owners decided to keep 75% of the labor rate. Also an awful lot of car makers pay warranty book times that cause the tech to loose money. Such as paying the mechanic 4 hours labor to replace an engine. That is why so many cars leave the shop still broken.

There is a member with a repair shop not far from Acworth but I can't recall the name. Try a search as he used to be active and advertise.

Just searched and found it. Not affiliated, just recalled them being in Acworth and he offers members 10% discount too.

G&L Automotive Repair - Acworth, GA - 770-529-8991 - 10% off for ODT Members!

If she hit the curb that hard, it may have bent something in the front suspension. A control arm, tie rod, strut. I bent a control arm the exact same way when I was 16 and no amount of alignment could fix it. Take it to a competent mechanic.

P.S. "It curves to the left" - that's what she said.
Lolol
I actually want insurance to total it. It's not worth much and ready for something new. If something important is bent would that work to total it?

This. She bent a control arm or tie rod or both and your geometry is all out of wack now. The alignment shops probably got it as close as they could and charged you. Take it to a frame/alignment shop. Thats what they specialize in. If you cant find one locally, there is one in East Point I can direct you to.
Thank you Harry!

Back
Top Bottom