• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a mover experienced with HEAVY antique furniture - suggestions?

A34

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
16   0
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I need a mover experienced in moving heavy antique furniture up and down stairs without damaging it. Has anyone here used such a mover that you could recommend?

Thanks!!
A34

I'm not a mover, but I've had plenty of experience moving antique furniture. My Mom loved this stuff. Solid walnut with marble tops, the tops being the real challenge. Huge sideboards, china cabinets, pianos, armoires, tables, and even the chairs are heavy. When I was a kid we moved that stuff from auctions to the house and up 2 flights of stairs.

Hopefully you can find someone that knows they have to be careful, it's very well built, but it's usually over 100 years old.

Good luck

The comments above are exactly why I'm looking for a professional company. I'm too old and fat these days to try it myself. A man's got to know his limitations. :) One gouge will ruin an expensive piece of antique furniture, not to mention the wear and tear on my back.

Yes, my wife is looking at them now. Hard to tell who has real world experience and who is just a couple of yahoo's with a truck.

Back
Top Bottom