• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a new engine in a 2006 Dodge Hemi

The used engines are expensive because of high demand
A few years ago the 3.0 Toyota engines were expensive because they all blew up

The 3.4 Toyota engines were cheap because they last forever and thus no demand for them

Get a Chevy to replace it
A used LS engine is $500 all day long

The used engines are expensive because of high demand
A few years ago the 3.0 Toyota engines were expensive because they all blew up

The 3.4 Toyota engines were cheap because they last forever and thus no demand for them

Get a Chevy to replace it
A used LS engine is $500 all day long

Well you sound like you know engines. Can you tell me anything about the 2006-2009 Toyota 2AZ-FE 4 cylinder engines with the mal-designed pistons and rings many of which become excessive oil burners? It is my opinion that two other factors cause their problem. The computer is so programmed to allow engine temps too high and not warn operators of low engine oil until it is 2 to 3 quarts low. Furthermore engine oil pressure can be too low to provide adequate cooling and lubrication which can be partially remedied using 10W30 fully synthetic oil.

Well you sound like you know engines. Can you tell me anything about the 2006-2009 Toyota 2AZ-FE 4 cylinder engines with the mal-designed pistons and rings many of which become excessive oil burners? It is my opinion that two other factors cause their problem. The computer is so programmed to allow engine temps too high and not warn operators of low engine oil until it is 2 to 3 quarts low. Furthermore engine oil pressure can be too low to provide adequate cooling and lubrication which can be partially remedied using 10W30 fully synthetic oil.

Don’t know anything about those engines

I do know my 04 expedition sounds like a warning of an impending Nuclear meltdown if you don’t fasten the seat belt but it has NO warning when the engine overheats

Lot of the Toyota engines had issues with sludge buildup
Probabaly some issue with trying to meet the emission regs
If you have a newer car , change the oil every 5k minimum
Maybe every 3k and use expensive full synthetic. And don’t wait for the computer to tell you it’s time to change the oil .

Don’t know anything about those engines

I do know my 04 expedition sounds like a warning of an impending Nuclear meltdown if you don’t fasten the seat belt but it has NO warning when the engine overheats

Lot of the Toyota engines had issues with sludge buildup
Probabaly some issue with trying to meet the emission regs
If you have a newer car , change the oil every 5k minimum
Maybe every 3k and use expensive full synthetic. And don’t wait for the computer to tell you it’s time to change the oil .

I have not noticed any sludge build up in an engine when fully synthetic oil is used. What do you think of using Marvel Mystery Oil that will supposedly dissolve any carbon in the oil which should prevent clogging of any oil passages.

I have not noticed any sludge build up in an engine when fully synthetic oil is used. What do you think of using Marvel Mystery Oil that will supposedly dissolve any carbon in the oil which should prevent clogging of any oil passages.

Don’t have any experience with it

I do know that once the sludge builds up
It’s best to just leave it

Using some solvent to remove it will just clog up other small passages

Back
Top Bottom