• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a quick weld.

Two-Dogs

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
141   0
Reaction score
Happened into a SOCOM barrel and am planning to pin and weld a flash hider to get it up over 16in. Actually on the fence about carving on a lnib Colt barrel/sight tower and may just swap it for a 16in barrel of similar weight and quality...

Anyway I've done a pin and weld job before but right now I dont have a welder so I'm looking for a shop where I can walk in the door, hand somebody a ten, have a pissant dab of bead done and walk out the door. Acworth or Kennesaw.

Happened into a SOCOM barrel and am planning to pin and weld a flash hider to get it up over 16in. Actually on the fence about carving on a lnib Colt barrel/sight tower and may just swap it for a 16in barrel of similar weight and quality...

Anyway I've done a pin and weld job before but right now I dont have a welder so I'm looking for a shop where I can walk in the door, hand somebody a ten, have a pissant dab of bead done and walk out the door. Acworth or Kennesaw.

I think you may need to offer more than $10.

JB weld is badass, used it to plug a leaky exhaust pipe on a wave runner at the beach. Held for a week until a proper repair was made.

Thanks guys but the weld is literally a touch with a stick or a mig. It's a compliance thing, you drill a hole, put in a pin and add a 4mm drop so it is "Pinned and Welded' and "permanent" in the eyes of BATFE. I've done it before but my welder is up in the mountains.

JB weld IS NOT an acceptable alternative, though it is extremely handy stuff to keep around.

Back
Top Bottom