• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a soundproof wall.

It's a strip mall, but the units we have are actually an old live theater building and the majority of it does not share a wall. The lobby area has two units on either side of it that comes with the property that will insulate that section from the neighbors. It's actually one of those units we are dealing with now while the renovations to the rest of the property are being done. Smell will not be an issue. We are very good at this and all areas stay clean and sanitary. Department of Agriculture has commented several times on this during unannounced inspections of previous locations.

This is going to be a very cool place once it's done.

That's a bit different then. Remember that Karen's will complain about anything - real or imagined.

Sounds like you have a place that will work out as you want it to do. Not doubting your experience or commitment and I hope it works out well.

Rock On!

Once we've got it open I might do an ODT Meet and Great there for the dog loving members.
ezgif-7-2688c0108f87.gif

That's some great info. Thanks!

This is not a temporary situation. We are putting over 100 grand into modifications and renovations. This particular room is just one part that we are using while the rest of the place (10,000sqft) is being prepared, but it will still have some dogs in it after everything is done. It will be the "Puppy Room" for dogs that are too young to play with the adults.

Well in that case, just have a soundproofed wall put in. Assuming that wall isn’t a retaining wall. But even if it is, a contractor certified in Sound mitigation can still do it.

I would check what the current wall is made of and do a noise test. Blast some music on one side and stand on the other. It may not be as bad as you think and only require some acoustic panels.

Check if the wall runs floor to ceiling. Sometimes those walls stop short and have a big gap hidden behind a drop-ceiling. That will defeat the purpose of a soundproof wall. And don’t forget the ceiling is important too. If it’s a drop ceiling, there are sound panels made for that. Or you can install Owens Cornering on back of the ceiling tiles. If it’s not a drop ceiling, you may consider having “Acoustic Clouds” hung. They are just panels suspended from the ceiling and really help control noise.

I think your best solution would be to contact:

If it’s temporary in a dog room maybe you can get by with having some pro carpet guys nail some layers of their take up carpet onto the wall, no gaps. have them come back and add more layers until it’s all quiet.

Back
Top Bottom