• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need advice - 2007 F250 Diesel

Kyzrsoze

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
188   0
Reaction score
I've been doing a little repair/maintenance to a 2007 F250 diesel. Wrapping things up this evening, I hooked up the batteries and found that the truck has no electrical power. Batteries are both new and test well at 12.7 volts, but when I open the door the gauge cluster doesn't even light up. What the critical fuses and relays to check?

So far

- Cleaned the battery posts, reconnected, both test at 12.7 volts
- I've got 12.7 volts at the alternator
- The starter solenoid bypass works

The batteries have been disconnected for the last few days while I replaced the EGR cooler and oil cooler. The only thing I can guess is that the positive cables may have bumped against the posts at some point, maybe popping a fuse. I'll have to look at fuses/relays tomorrow.

Is it just the gauge cluster?
Everything else works?

The internet says it's a shorted wire for the od switch and a new shift lever will fix your problem.

Some say it blows the fuse panel as well.

Perhaps fuse 19.

You need a monitor. Believe me. I have a 6ho. One of the most critical things to monitor is your FICM voltage. Because bad batteries will kill the FICM then you will have a headache. These trucks are notorious for the gauge clusters messing up. What normally happens is the cluster quits, along with radio and power window controls. Intermittent as hell. If that happens smack the **** out of the dash til it comes back on

IIRC, There is a positive feed from each battery.
On the passenger side it goes to the alternator and such, Drivers side goes to the fuse panel. Check that both pos cables are hooked up, and the pos cable from one batt to the other.

I chased bad alternator diodes on one of these for a couple days. Brand new alternator, of course it was the last thing I checked.

Is it just the gauge cluster?

You need a monitor...

IIRC, There is a positive feed from each battery...

Guys, Thanks for the responses. So here's the deal:

- Everything was working before I disconnected the batteries to work on it.

- Both batteries are brand new with good voltage.

- I have no electrical power to the cab, as if the batteries were disconnected.

- The only thing that works is the starter solenoid bypass. I can touch the wire to battery and bump the starter

The only thing I can find - a diagram showing two fusible links that feed power to the interior fuse panels. Maybe one or both of those is burned.

Guys, Thanks for the responses. So here's the deal:

- Everything was working before I disconnected the batteries to work on it.

- Both batteries are brand new with good voltage.

- I have no electrical power to the cab, as if the batteries were disconnected.

- The only thing that works is the starter solenoid bypass. I can touch the wire to battery and bump the starter

The only thing I can find - a diagram showing two fusible links that feed power to the interior fuse panels. Maybe one or both of those is burned.
I believe there may be some sort of relay I can't remember what they call them. Did you by chance think anything shorted out when they were disconnected?

I think this is the one:

He has many troubleshooting videos.
It might help if it isn't straightforward.

I'd do what jeep78 suggested.

Back
Top Bottom