• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need advice - 2007 F250 Diesel

We have one now that is giving us fits. No start one morning after batteries went flat from cranking, ran great 12 hours earlier.

No codes set.

2 new batteries, same thing.

New starter, same thing.

Now in THE diesel shop in GA. They can not find anything wrong with it.

Last time we had a 6.0 doing this, we were told it needed a new engine. (it didn)

My issue turned out to be a simple mistake. I removed several added power wires from the driver's side battery. A few were added for aftermarket lights and a radio, and they look like the primary power wire to the interior fuse panel. I had the wrong wire hooked up and had to dig for the right one.

We have one now that is giving us fits. No start one morning after batteries went flat from cranking, ran great 12 hours earlier.

No codes set.

New starter, same thing.

Last time we had a 6.0 doing this, we were told it needed a new engine. (it didn)
The Powerstroke trucks are unique animals, and challenging to diagnose. The best resource I've found is a guy on YouTube named DieselTechRon. He produced some very good videos detailing not only repairs but diagnoses. I know he has a few specifically on the "no start" issue.

EDIT - I'm betting you'll find your answer here:

The Powerstroke trucks are unique animals, and challenging to diagnose. The best resource I've found is a guy on YouTube named DieselTechRon. He produced some very good videos detailing not only repairs but diagnoses. I know he has a few specifically on the "no start" issue.

EDIT - I'm betting you'll find your answer here:

Turned out to be the glow plug controller. When it goes out, it disables the engine so it won't start, hot or cold. Causes starter to turn no more than 150 - 200 rpms. AND, no codes!

It ran great, then hours later, no start. These 6.0s need to come with a complementary rollback.

These 6.0s need to come with a complementary rollback.

Yep. I bought this truck knowing it needed a few things, and it still managed to burn me. I replaced to oil cooler and EGR cooler, and on the first startup I had zero compression on cylinder #5.

Back in

20190828_064615.jpg

No codes set.

New starter, same thing.

Whereabouts are you located

Back
Top Bottom