• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need advice about wifi security cameras

I used nellys security to order my camera system. I opted for Poe with local backup and nvr. I have 4k cameras and doorbell cam all running and recording to nvr.

They were helpful in designing my system over the phone and gave me 10% off for the complete system. They were just as supportive in helping me get everything set up on the software side as well.

Thank you.
I do not have much time (3 kids, orchard and a job), so pulling cable is out of the questions, unless I hire someone..

Running wire can be simple or major (obvious i know) depending on the house and location. The tools of the trade ease it some. I have pulled enough phone line and cat5 in my career and do not miss that aspect, but when I do things at home it comes in handy. good luck whatever route you go, I enjoy the ability to see my property and all entries while at the office and such.

Running wire can be simple or major (obvious i know) depending on the house and location. The tools of the trade ease it some. I have pulled enough phone line and cat5 in my career and do not miss that aspect, but when I do things at home it comes in handy. good luck whatever route you go, I enjoy the ability to see my property and all entries while at the office and such.
I had installed church sound systems in my past life so I know what it takes to pull the wires. I do not have any cable pullers, fishng lines anymore, so Wifi it is.

I have used Blink for over a year now and have found them to be reliable and easy to install. Batteries last two years and alerts come to my phone or tablet. There’s no additional fees to pay for video storage and you select how long you keep the video.

I had installed church sound systems in my past life so I know what it takes to pull the wires. I do not have any cable pullers, fishng lines anymore, so Wifi it is.

Arlo Pro 2 is the way to go. I just went through this exercise and thought I wanted a full blown system with Dahua cams and an NVR, but honestly the simplicity of the Arlo system is pretty damn compelling. The video quality isn’t the greatest but it good enough. One thing I found is that you can have great equipment like Dahua or Hikvision, but where even the best fail is in the software. The NVR software on these high end systems is terrible. This is where the Arlo is superior to any pro level system. The App is very well done. Its stable, easy to use, and it just works- all the time. I’d call it more of a video monitoring system than a true surveillance system, but if that suffices for you, it works great. I’ve had mine in place for 2 months now and the batteries are still at 80% with a lot of daily activity. Its kind of expensive but well worth it for simplicity and the well executed app. The Pro 2 cams can be connected to power for full time recording and person detection alerts, although you will need to pay a small monthly fee if you want to record 24/7. You can also conect a USB hard drive to the base station. Take a good look at it.

Thank you all for the advice. I think I settled on Blink XT 5 camera system. I might not need the 5th camera now, but it is cheaper to buy the bigger system now, than adding one camera later. Or I could put it up by the barn.
I looked at Arlo Pro2, but it was going to be extra $200. I liked the idea of local storage with Arlo, but it needs access to the cloud even with the local recording enabled.And I did not want to buy the extra batteries and charger, so I could just swap the batteries and not bring the camera back in for recharging

Back
Top Bottom