• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need advice - car accident

richs

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
40   0
Reaction score
About a week ago, I was rear-ended in my truck, the other driver (young female on her phone) cliped me and was issued a ticket. She didn't produce insurance info at the time, the cop said it'll be available on the report. I contacted my insurance, they were able to get the report and gave me her insurance details. After a week of getting the run-a-round by them, they said she was uninsured, her policy was canceled due to lack of payment. My insurance said they'll cover it, but I need to cough up the deductible ($1K), I still need an estimate. I expected her company to deal with that.
Do I contact her and press legal actions? Or see if she makes good on the damages?
The downside is she's from Arizona and might have skipped town already. Her car got the worst of it, barely drivable and I expect between $7K to $10K damage.

Your uninsured motorist coverage will kick in. Like you said, you are in for the 1k deductible. I think your neck is not as good as it was, and is now getting stiffer. You should visit your doctor and get a referral to a good chiropractor and a physical therapist. If you injuries stop you from being able to work, that too is 100% reimbursable.

Your uninsured motorist coverage will kick in. Like you said, you are in for the 1k deductible. I think your neck is not as good as it was, and is now getting stiffer. You should visit your doctor and get a referral to a good chiropractor and a physical therapist. If you injuries stop you from being able to work, that too is 100% reimbursable.
And people wonder why rates continue to jump. Stupid **** and stupid advice like this is why.

In Georgia the deductible for Uninsured Motorist Property Damage is $250, I believe. If the OP is injured and has Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury he can file a claim for the medical bills, as well as potential pain and suffering. But, as has been stated, bogus medical claims are one of the reason that insurance rates are high. Other drivers driving without insurance and making your company pay is another reason.

*IF* you have Uninsured Motorist Property Damage then your insurance company will repair your car, minus the collision deductible ($1,000). Once they verify the other party is truly uninsured they should refund the additional $750. At that point they will attempt to collect their money, as well as yours, from the other party or the insurance of the car's owner. If they get their money back they'll also get your money back for you. If they decide to settle for some percentage then that's the percentage of your deductible you'll get back.

Be forewarned, this subrogation procedure can take a LONG time. In the end they may give up and write it off; then you're on your own to collect the deductible.

Your paying insurance to cover the other guy who has none or not enough.
It's usually one or the other :(

If they are doing the right thing, same as most good humans, and have valid - proper insurance, it should be as easy as one would think!

Back
Top Bottom