• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need advice from my gunsperts

Bret Maverick

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
Reaction score
My son (23) wants a red dot host gun. I know the usual suspects Glock mos, CZ P10F, and a few other full size guns, but I’m not sure what all else is out there. I know they’re not full size but are all Sig 365xl and Hellcats able to accept red dots? I know he loves the 1911 platform. Thanks in advance fellas.

I have a Sig Legion 320 X with a Holosun 507c on it, a P226 with another, and a Kel tec CP 33 with a Cmore Railway.

That said, I picked up the Canik TP9 SF Elite Compact with a Shield. Love IT!

It with the Shield was $560 delivered to Cherokee Pawn. That is a min $400 optic, so $160 for the gun is a smoking deal.

My son (23) wants a red dot host gun. I know the usual suspects Glock mos, CZ P10F, and a few other full size guns, but I’m not sure what all else is out there. I know they’re not full size but are all Sig 365xl and Hellcats able to accept red dots? I know he loves the 1911 platform. Thanks in advance fellas.

I ran a Shield RMS on my p365xl. It was a great combo.

A good question is “What is he going to do with it?”

Canik with a Vortex or a Sig with a Romeo are what I would consider range toys. I put my trust in Glock as a carry gun. I had a 19X cut for an RMR for carry. A bad*** 2011 with an MRDS would be a fantastic competition gun.

A good question is “What is he going to do with it?”

Canik with a Vortex or a Sig with a Romeo are what I would consider range toys. I put my trust in Glock as a carry gun. I had a 19X cut for an RMR for carry. A bad*** 2011 with an MRDS would be a fantastic competition gun.
Home protection is the primary use.

Probably better to find a gun that fits him well then go to the dot. There seems to be lots of mods and what not to attach one to almost any gun these days

Back
Top Bottom