Need advice on a problem with suppressor purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shooter970

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
112   4
Reaction score
Ok here goes I orderd a liberty torch from direct liberty on Thursday sent a PDF of my trust and Monday I get a email saying my schedule a must have the can listed before I take possession of it?? That goes against what my lawyer said so I called him anyway to verify then called liberty tried to explain and they said thy saw online that my lawyer and I are right. Well this morning I get another email from a different person at liberty stating the same as yesterday along with the number to the Nfa legal dept for my lawyer to call so I called it myself and the lady said again my lawyer is correct. Now I'm pulling my hair out and wondering if a can Is worth all this trouble. Any advise before I call them again??

Don't let it detour you. You know you're right so if it takes a few phone calls to straighten them out then so be it.

+1 on going to a local dealer that knows their stuff. You really don't save much money buying NFA items online and the potential for screw ups that will increase your wait is x10.

Liberty is closer to me that most Nfa dealers so I went directly to the dealer if I am paying full retail anyway I thought going to the dealer would be best.

Isn't your Local Dealer the one who needs to be concerned with your trust? Doesn't Liberty just transfer it to the LGS to file with the NFA? What a head ache. The ball took a bad bounce, it happens. You'll get it straightened out.

You might want to cancel the sale and go to Classic City Firearms.

Not sure who you dealt with at Liberty but, I would recommend you speak to David at Liberty. He is pretty solid on his NFA knowledge.

If he is unable to resolve, why not just go through Christian Armory Works, caw308 here on ODT? He is really close to Dalton and can handle all the paperwork for you and e-file it.

Last edited:
Isn't your Local Dealer the one who needs to be concerned with your trust? Doesn't Liberty just transfer it to the LGS to file with the NFA? What a head ache. The ball took a bad bounce, it happens. You'll get it straightened out.

You might want to cancel the sale and go to Classic City Firearms.

Liberty is local in GA. He lives closer to Liberty than any dealer. Liberty is less than an hour from him and can submit the form 4 immediately. To buy it from Classic City he would have to have Classic City form 3 the can, wait 3 to 4 weeks for the form 3 to come back, then start the form 4. Once approved he would have to drive 2+ hours to Athens to pick up the can.

Think you missed the part about Liberty being local.

Liberty is local in GA. He lives closer to Liberty than any dealer. Liberty is less than an hour from him and can submit the form 4 immediately. To buy it from Classic City he would have to have Classic City form 3 the can, wait 3 to 4 weeks for the form 3 to come back, then start the form 4. Once approved he would have to drive 2+ hours to Athens to pick up the can.

Think you missed the part about Liberty being local.

Exactly, but now the question I think that goes unanswered is why if he bought it directly from Liberty, the manufacturer, how in the world could two company representatives give two different answers to putting on Schedule A or not?

You would think that Liberty, especially as a manufacturer know NFA laws not just for individual (CLEO) signoff but for trusts as well? I don't know the guys at Liberty, never spoke with or dealt with them. However, From what I've seen online David and Liberty are a stand up guy/company. They've recently hired some new personnel I think, or were looking for some additional help, I can't recall. Maybe this is just a new hire thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom