• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need advice - Sig 556 Classic SWAT or SWAT Patrol?

Classic SWAT or SWAT Patrol?

• Total voters

RHelton10

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
422   0
Reaction score
So I've decided that I need one of these but can't decide which one and wanted to get some other opinions and feedback. I know there isn't a huge amount of difference here, the key points being the shorter, slightly lighter and more evenly balanced forearm of the Patrol with a shorter gas piston system vs the cooler looking full forearm and full length gas piston system of the Classic Swat. The Patrol is maybe $50 cheaper depending on where you look - again, not the biggest difference considering the overall price.

So what do you guys think? Anyone ever had experience with both and have a bias towards one or the other? Anyone know something from first hand experience (I'd rather hear this than rumors or something that you've read on another forum) that I should consider regarding the short vs full piston system?

i56.tinypic.com_9ljpe0.png

i51.tinypic.com_2hs4s2h.png

I don't think you will find much difference between the system lengths versus function. I have a 556 Classic and it functions perfectly every time.

For me, I couldn't get over the front heavy SWAT classic. I would instead opt for a full length piston with the polymer 55x handguards. They shave about a pound from the entire system. The price is right on these 556s.

Back
Top Bottom