• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need assistance with 2011 Yukon- power failure

Ignition switch was a good one that someone mentioned.

Definitely new battery to rule that out.

Check the internals in the battery cable where it connects to the battery. How it's attached to the clamp.

My wife's 2011 GMC Yukon lost complete power two weeks ago while sitting at a traffic light. This was a total power loss including engine, interior, even hazard lights wouldn't come on. Fortunately or unfortunately it was in front of the dealership. They towed. They cranked up as they were unloading it and everything worked. No trouble codes. They replaced the battery ground cable as the only problem they found. Yesterday in a similar situation it did it again but this time after a few minutes it returned to full power cranked and she drove home. Check engine light and stabilitrack on. Stabilitrack went back out driving home but when I checked it several hours later the check engine light was still on. When I went to mess with it today no check engine light. I went to the auto store they found the alternator good and battery good but near end if life. Just out of curiosity I had another auto parts store check it and they found it had a bad battery at 85%. Searching the web has finding where gm has tons of electrical issues on their vehicles but I've not found a match it's issue. Any GM guru's who can point me in the right direction? Thanks

In 1974 I bought a new AMC Hornet and had same problems when it was like 3 months old. Dealer could not thing anything wrong. I started looking over the wiring system and found the main fuse box attachment screw loose. It was also the main ground! The main ground can kill everything.

I’ve probably got some shorts in the old audio system, maybe that’s the rest of the story.

Good luck with the knee. Putting your legs up the wall for 20 minutes a day might help.

Why? Is it sounding muffled lol.

No, it hasn’t worked the back speakers ever since I dipped the amp in coffee last year.

That’s another reason a feller should drive slow. When you have to lock up the brakes and slide a little to avoid a collision you’ll have less coffee spillage.

I’ve probably got some shorts in the old audio system, maybe that’s the rest of the story.

Good luck with the knee. Putting your legs up the wall for 20 minutes a day might help.
Could be. I just spent a a few days tracking down a few shorts in my old truck. I'm not good with it, so I watched a lot of YouTube stuff to help me. One of the ones I watched the guy was tracking down exactly that - a short in the aftermarket sound system. Helpful stuff.

As for the knee, the surgery was just yesterday, so I'm still immobilized and a month away from therapy. ;)

I'm not too sure if that is a good idea on these new cars. Too much electrical stuff that might get messed up.
True, I don't think that basic principles have changed, but there are things about newer cars that are different and more sensitive to voltage spikes etc.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

New development! I cranked it up leaving work and the check engine light came on. So I went straight to the nearest auto parts store to have the code read.

CO242- pcm indicated tcs malfunction

P0601- pcm Malfunction

Time to Google but not encouraging

New development! I cranked it up leaving work and the check engine light came on. So I went straight to the nearest auto parts store to have the code read.

CO242- pcm indicated tcs malfunction

P0601- pcm Malfunction

Time to Google but not encouraging
At this time I would not suggest, turning your message count upside down:D

Back
Top Bottom