• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need CDL-A driver for my road test on the 21st in Rome

D_P_X

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
105   0
Reaction score
My CLD class A road test is on the 21st at 12:00 in Rome. The person I thought was going to be able to ride with me was not able to get away from work.

Test is 12:00-2:00. If you are around Rome or prefer to ride separate you are welcome to or you can hop in with me anywhere between Acworth and Rome.

must have a current CDL in good standing and it has to be class A.

I probably can’t pay enough to justify anyone taking a day off work, but I’d be happy to pay $100 for a couple of hours.

What do you need just a class A driver with you ?
If so I can probably do that I am a retired driver with class A & current dot

Yes sir. You have to take your own licensed driver with you, presumably because if you don’t you drive there illegally because the test has to be taken with a CDL-A vehicle.

I have heard they don’t even verify, and you’ll likely just end up sitting in the waiting area reading a book or magazine. I’m tempted to go up there by myself, but it’s not worth risking it because if they turn me away it will take 2-3 months to get another appointment.

Good looking out fellas. And good luck on your test
Ditto.
This is actually a pretty good time to get into driving commercially.
I've been driving a long time and haven't seen a driver shortage this bad before. Companies are giving out decent sign on bonuses right now too.

Ditto.
This is actually a pretty good time to get into driving commercially.
I've been driving a long time and haven't seen a driver shortage this bad before. Companies are giving out decent sign on bonuses right now too.

I think you guys that drive big trucks are awesome and have my respect, but I actually just need it to be legal to pull equipment behind my 1-Ton. My truck is 14k and my current trailer is 14k putting me at 28k and my next trailer will be higher yet.

Attachments

• 06E4874C-A47A-4F6A-BCB5-80EA0BCB3E5B.jpeg
    06E4874C-A47A-4F6A-BCB5-80EA0BCB3E5B.jpeg
    369.2 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom