• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need CDL-A driver for my road test on the 21st in Rome

I think you guys that drive big trucks are awesome and have my respect, but I actually just need it to be legal to pull equipment behind my 1-Ton. My truck is 14k and my current trailer is 14k putting me at 28k and my next trailer will be higher yet.
You’re also gonna need some DOT numbers on that truck .
And a fire extinguisher and triangles

Probabaly won’t need the numbers for the road test but they might check for the fire extinguisher and triangles .

they will likely want
To see the registration and insurance card.

I took a few people to get their bus license ,
I don’t recall the instructor ever asking to see my CDL but they wanted to see the insurance card , which was laminated and glued to the dash, because they were always getting lost.
Instructor was not happy that he had to climb inside to see the insurance card .

then they go take the road test and I. Price when they come back that there’s a dead animal stuck to the front bumper .
Guy taking the test said a big dog ran out and he didn’t know what to do so he just kept driving and splattered it .
Instructor said that was the correct thing to do .
You gonna have a automatic restriction on the license ? Or does your six wheeler have a manual ?

You’re also gonna need some DOT numbers on that truck .
And a fire extinguisher and triangles

Probabaly won’t need the numbers for the road test but they might check for the fire extinguisher and triangles .

they will likely want
To see the registration and insurance card.

I took a few people to get their bus license ,
I don’t recall the instructor ever asking to see my CDL but they wanted to see the insurance card , which was laminated and glued to the dash, because they were always getting lost.
Instructor was not happy that he had to climb inside to see the insurance card .

then they go take the road test and I. Price when they come back that there’s a dead animal stuck to the front bumper .
Guy taking the test said a big dog ran out and he didn’t know what to do so he just kept driving and splattered it .
Instructor said that was the correct thing to do .
You gonna have a automatic restriction on the license ? Or does your six wheeler have a manual ?
I went and did the pre trip inspection and the parking/maneuvering test yesterday. Between doing it in a steady rain and going slow taking my time I did not have enough time to do the road test and will have to go back. However, it will only be for the road portion and I will never have to do the vehicle inspection or parking again.

You are correct about the safety equipment. Spare fuses, 3 red triangles, and a mounted fire extinguisher are required. If you don’t have them or don’t mention them during the Inspection it is an automatic fail. The hydraulic brake test (pump 3 times and hold for 5 seconds) is also an automatic fail if you don’t do it or don’t do it correctly.

I am taking it in an Automatic without air brakes.

Back
Top Bottom