• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need diesel tractor mechanic

Medic1957

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
138   1
Reaction score
I have a Bolens garden tractor with an Iseki diesel that overheats after about 30-45 minutes of running. I have had the radiator removed and gone through, changed the water pump and thermostat, had the engine checked for leaks of any kind, and still no luck. Water pump does not appear to be turning.
Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure the fan belt isn’t loose, insufficient pulley speed with cause loss of flow thru the water pump.

Also start the tractor with the radiator cap off and look for a constant stream of tiny bubbles in the spout, if the bubbles don’t stop and just continuously keep coming you have a blown head gasket, sometimes you can pull the dipstick and check for milky colored engine oil too

Also I know with these Iseka if your coolant mix isn’t correct it will not circulate through these engines well enough for proper heat displacement,
Mix should be around 25% coolant and 75% water in the summer and a little more coolant in the winter

Thanks ! I did check the oil, no discoloration. I have run it with the cap off and never saw any bubbles or water movement, which is why I am stumped. I will check/replace the belt and check the coolant.
Thanks again for the advice.

without a doubt, if you can turn the fan with your hand with the belt off. Then there is fluid flowing through the engine.

there has been issue with these little Japanese tractor with the resistor in the temp sensor for the gauge malfunctioning and making the overheat light turn on when there is actually no i

If the water pump wasn’t turning neither would the fan and there would also be a horrible squeal coming from the belt as it was drag across the pump pulley.

Some oddball diesel engines do not mount the fan on the WP. And zero front wheel drive engines mount the fan on the water pump.

Back
Top Bottom