• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need diesel tractor mechanic

Well it’s a good thing that the Japanese made Iseki engine aka Mitsubishi has a water pump that the fan is mounted on all there engines!

OP said it wasn't turning. My questions are directed at him unless you are the one working on it.

Easily half the diesels I work on have remote WPs, and it is important that they turn in order to circulate coolant. Most owners are under the mistaken impression that the pump pressurizes the system, it doesn't . But they can turn and NOT circulate coolant under several situations. Proper diagnosis is key to finding the problem, not just replacing parts in hopes that will cure it.

OP said it wasn't turning. My questions are directed at him unless you are the one working on it.

Easily half the diesels I work on have remote WPs, and it is important that they turn in order to circulate coolant. Most owners are under the mistaken impression that the pump pressurizes the system, it doesn't . But they can turn and NOT circulate coolant under several situations. Proper diagnosis is key to finding the problem, not just replacing parts in hopes that will cure it.

First off, YouTube mechanic oh I mean jeep78, When did I mention anything about throwing parts on and hoping to fix it, second off yes plenty of diesel have remote water pumps but not a Iseki diesel, so if your gonna start off by trying to sound like you know what your talking about when obviously you didn’t take the time to read the wailer comments, then don’t get butt hurt cause you jumped in to a conversation and then made yourself look like an idiot you should learn to read the conversation before assuming you know all about diesels, and further more remote water pumps that are not internally driven still have a pulley that is run by a belt SO IF IT HAS A PULLEY AND ISNT TURNING IT WILL SQUEEL AS LONG AS THE BELT IS TIGHT , oh and if the pump is remote and are internally driven then there would be no way of interpreting if the pump was spinning from just looking at the pump on the outside of the block because there’s nothing that comes thru the front housing, kid!

but yes the water pump can turn and not circulate coolant, but if the water pump is spinning and the shaft that connects the propeller blades is working and is spinning fast enough (when I originally started trying to help you diagnose the issue)

If you can spin the water pump pulley , it’s boiling thru the overflow, but still have no flow they the pump then;

A. Shaft inside the pump is broken
B. There’s a blockage in one of the lines or thermostat

Take the stat out and make sure you have water movement

If not take the pump off and see if the shaft is broken of the impeller is broken

Back
Top Bottom