• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NEED EXPERIENCED INFO, 65 GR. SIERRA GAME KING

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I picked up some Sierra Game King SBT pills. I have been wanting to reload them but have held back from it in search of some positive experienced load data. I picked these because I figure it would allow me to maintain good velocity and test accuracy as well. If any of you guys out there have reloaded this particular projectile let me know what works best for you. I would appreciate any help or opinions you can give me on the matter. I've reloaded a lot of rounds with different types of projectiles but this is just a new projectile I'm playing with. So I am reaching out and just wanted to see if there was anything that performs better than the others. That stands out with that particular 65gr. Game King bullet? Thanks ya Bros!

Is this supposed to be any different than any other load development? Being hunting ammo I would pick a single base powder that is in the specified burn rate so you minimize temp shift. Then, uh, do a work up on whatever method you are used to. Find a node and park in the middle of it. Being a 60ish gr bullet I'm assuming it's 223. Bolt or semi auto?

I think he was asking for powder recommendations and what to "expect" from given powders much less than he was asking for specific load data. Which even exact load data is fine as long it does not exceed current maximums established in reloading manuals. I personally have no issue sharing load data, but will not on open forum if my load is beyond listed maximum......which incidentally is in this circumstance.

I think he was asking for powder recommendations and what to "expect" from given powders much less than he was asking for specific load data. Which even exact load data is fine as long it does not exceed current maximums established in reloading manuals. I personally have no issue sharing load data, but will not on open forum if my load is beyond listed maximum......which incidentally is in this circumstance.
Right, but we're kinda missing a key piece of the puzzle. Im 99% sure I can launch a 65 gr pill at 3200 fps with a 22-250 or wssm or 224 valk. Im also 99% sure I can do it with a 223...once.

So, with the info I was given, pick a temp stable powder, do load work up and see what happens.

1666052898377.png

Well, considering that we don't know what cartridge this is for, no one can provide a powder rec. The rec that was provided was single base, ie, temp stable, and then do your standard load work-up. That's about as precise as any rec can go with the info provided. And would go for any cartridge.

Is this supposed to be any different than any other load development? Being hunting ammo I would pick a single base powder that is in the specified burn rate so you minimize temp shift. Then, uh, do a work up on whatever method you are used to. Find a node and park in the middle of it. Being a 60ish gr bullet I'm assuming it's 223. Bolt or semi auto?
I was just wondering if anybody had any load data that worked good for them in a 223 with Sierra 65 grain Game Kings. It's not uncommon to ask other loaders if they have a good work up on a particular bullet. Of course I can look at the load data that comes off a load sheet but I mean there's ten different options I was just wondering if somebody could recommend something a little more narrow then 10 powders.

I was just wondering if anybody had any load data that worked good for them in a 223 with Sierra 65 grain Game Kings. It's not uncommon to ask other loaders if they have a good work up on a particular bullet. Of course I can look at the load data that comes off a load sheet but I mean there's ten different options I was just wondering if somebody could recommend something a little more narrow then 10 powders.
Varget. You'll likely end up around 25 grains, but do your load dev

Back
Top Bottom