Need fn apex trigger installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Miles

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
10   0
Reaction score
Looking for someone who can install an apex trigger in an fn 509 tactical. Preferably someone experienced in fn as you can damage the frame permanently if done incorrectly. I’m located in Carrollton so the closer to me the better but will travel for someone qualified.

Reactions: MAF
Taylor Miles Taylor Miles , just curious if you went to Boots And Buckshot ? I have a 509 and have a Apex trigger but have been reluctant to let anyone install the trigger for fear of them messing up my pistol.

I did it myself but you do have to be careful on removing the pins. It also helps to have a 3rd or 4th hand.

That being said, if you have a good set of punches and a few other tools it's definitely a do-able home project.

I did it myself but you do have to be careful on removing the pins. It also helps to have a 3rd or 4th hand.

That being said, if you have a good set of punches and a few other tools it's definitely a do-able home project.
Thanks for the info, the 3rd and 4th hand is what i don't have. Really want to get that trigger installed. How do you like the trigger compared to the stock trigger ?

Thanks for the info, the 3rd and 4th hand is what i don't have. Really want to get that trigger installed. How do you like the trigger compared to the stock trigger ?
I spent a while on the phone with shrek up above and I mist say he knows his stuff when it comes to the fn and apex stuff. He will be doing my install. I am dropping it off tomorrow morning.

It's much cleaner than the FN part, that's for sure. It's very much a true 2-stage trigger, with a fair amount of take-up that's constant, if not 100% smooth. Probably a fluff and buff of the internals would help there, since it does on the FNS series.

After you reach the wall the break is clean, although not as sharp as a good 1911. More than good enough for a duty pistol though and much better than the slightly mushy factory trigger. The reset is pretty short, and you can easily hear and feel it.

I don't know why FN has such problems making a good trigger for their striker fired guns. If they put half the effort they put into ergonomics into their triggers they would be up there with Walther.

I carried a FNS-C for years and that was the one thing I wished I could change. Apex always said that the trigger on those was too much of a problem for them, but once the 509 came out they decided that they could do it after all, and it's compatible with the FNS series if you still have one of those.

I spent a while on the phone with shrek up above and I mist say he knows his stuff when it comes to the fn and apex stuff. He will be doing my install. I am dropping it off tomorrow morning.

Does he work at boots and buckshot? They are right down the road from me and I keep meaning to drop by and say hey and bring some fun things for them to drool over.

Does he work at boots and buckshot? They are right down the road from me and I keep meaning to drop by and say hey and bring some fun things for them to drool over.

Yep. Only here on Saturdays, I’m the bearded guy in the gunsmith apron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for someone who can install an apex trigger in an fn 509 tactical. Preferably someone experienced in fn as you can damage the frame permanently if done incorrectly. I’m located in Carrollton so the closer to me the better but will travel for someone qualified.

It's not close but ga firing line did mine..... flawless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom