• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Gravel Driveway

WinstonSmith

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Garthok Narfler
85   0
Reaction score
I need about 150 foot long gravel driveway done properly with road bed in Paulding out by East Paulding High School. Whatcha got for me ODT? Maybe some other projects too.

all I can say is be sure to consider rain water.
Don't dam it up and make a pond on one side of your drive.
Don't let rainwater run down the driveway too long, building up too much speed and water flow, so that it cuts channels thru the gravel into the dirt.

Use bigger gravel than you think if you have ANY water. I like 1.5 size it packs down and don't move nearly as fast. Every "pro"I have had come out, wants to do crusher run (packs down like concrete they say) well after the first big rain its you will see you hard earned money run down into the ditch and never to be seen again..........never again.

Yeah, been edumacating myself. Appreciate the advice. Just need it done pretty quickly as we are planning on having my wife's grandmother and a caregiver service occupy that side of our house and we need better access. We don't want her staying in the home she is in any longer than necessary. Not happy with the level of care there and we want her with the family. One of the many reasons we bought this particular house.

I did the rock/crusher run for years. Finally switched to RAP. Never going back to a temporary driveway, RAP stays where you put it.

Big cost savings as well.

In the same position here. Two swimming pools behind and beside us that weren't there before are causing rainwater to pour down our drive. Have nice gullies in the drive now and after heavy rain I have to shovel the gravel back up in the drive.

Back
Top Bottom