• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help deciding

Moist Wipe

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
24   0
Reaction score
Hello all! I have a dilemma. I’m trying to branch out from the AR platform and I’ve been interested in the MCX Virtus and the Bren 2. I know the Virtus isn’t a big step from the AR but I’ve heard good things about them. The Bren 2 I’m really interested in but with it still being new to the market and impossible to find I didn’t know how it compared to the MCX and if it would be better to wait and let it mature a bit. My primary use for this would be a back up home defense because I already have a built AR for that and a fun range gun. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

It is. I asked the same question, but went with a virtus. Virtus is made to be suppressed, is super modular, but super expensive. Rifle is 1900, barrels are 500, handguards 150-200, stock/braces 150+. If you want a rifle to do everything, buy the mcx, but keep in mind you’ll be spending around 3k to reap the benefits of the mcx. like ReservoirDawg10 ReservoirDawg10 mentioned, BREN is a badass, unique and largely adopted for military service. If you want to keep it at the same barrel length and caliber, you won’t go wrong with the BREN. That’s honestly probably going to be next toy lol. 7.62 Bren II

Bren. I am working on finding a good suppressor setting. 20200410_114755.jpg 20200329_144908.jpg

The .556 Bren 2 pistol is a fast handling gun.

While I like the Virus it is a chunky monkey and still has the horrible to AR15 charging handle...they could have done better.

Back
Top Bottom