• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Help IDing and Possibly Reparing Rifle!

Michael Heneghan

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
I'm not particularly knowledgeable at all when it comes to firearms. The only firearm I own or have ever owned is a Ruger LC9, which I used to shoot pretty regularly but haven't in about 3 years.

I was recently going through belongings of my deceased grandfather and found a disassembled bolt action 22 (I believe). It was covered with surface rust when I found it but I managed to get most of that off with some copper wool. KIMG0907.JPG
KIMG0908.JPG

The only identifying mark I can find on it is the letter "J" on the area where the shell is ejected from (where the bolt slides through, sorry I don't know correct terminology).KIMG0906.JPG

I tried to put it together blind (without knowing much about rifles) and had two problems. First, when I tried to slide the bolt in, it stopped about 3mm short of where the bolt handle could come down and lock in place.
KIMG0910.JPG

I tried to jiggle it a bit and immediately heard something break and a tiny piece of metal fell out of the ejection port(?). It looks like it was part of a small metal clip above the opening where the bullet enters the barrel.
KIMG0904.JPG
KIMG0905.JPG

I'm trying to find out A) The make and model of the rifle B) How it should be properly assembled C) What piece I broke and D) How easy that piece is to replace

Photos on Imgur: https://imgur.com/a/6sgkj

Thank you anyone who can help!!

Back
Top Bottom