• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help installing Glock Sights....look

Kevin Markham

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
16   4
Reaction score
Took the Taran Tactical MOS height suppressor sights to be installed today at Shots Fired. They couldn't do the rear sight. Something about their tool wouldn't go around it?...idk. dovetail sat right in tho. And they weren't prepared to hammer it in with a pin. Meh who can blame them.

But I want them installed and am willing to pay.

Anyone in the Covington area that can help me out?

Putting them in a g45 mos.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• 20210312_154501.jpg
    20210312_154501.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 20210310_174400.jpg
    20210310_174400.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 99
Their tool wouldn’t go around what? They did remove the optic prior to attempting to install the rear sight, right?

Their tool wouldn’t go around what? They did remove the optic prior to attempting to install the rear sight, right?
They had a glock sight pusher. A nice metal one. They couldn't install the rear sight. I have 0 clue why. One thing I never did was install sights but its just friction on the back right? Holding it?

Think that was the issue? I'd have no clue? But it takes 2 seconds to pop off a Venom.

yeah you can’t put the slide in the pusher with the optic on it. It will damage it which is why it has to come off. I cant understand how a gun shop would not have been able to do the job properly.

yeah you can’t put the slide in the pusher with the optic on it. It will damage it which is why it has to come off. I cant understand how a gun shop would not have been able to do the job properly.
I don't want to bash their knowledge but I am a little upset about it. Being as its a KNOWN brand as Taran Tactical and I've waited like a freakin schoolboy b4 Xmas at the mailbox for over a week. ...

Maybe they didn’t want to take it off and mess up your zero but that’s something they should’ve consulted with you about.

Back
Top Bottom