• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Help ODT Truck will not start

Shortcut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
313   0
Reaction score
Hey ODT, looking for ideas. 2008 Ford F150 4.6l 2wd, never had an issues since I bought it new. not my daily driver now, ran last weekend. Went out to drive it, turned the key and all the lights come on but that is it. I tried to jump it thinking the battery is low, no luck and the voltage is good on the battery.

So to sum up I turn the key, everything like normal, EXCEPT no starter turn over and no starting, no click no nothing. Put the code reader on it and no codes.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Check the wire connections on your starter. I had a '97 F250 that did the same thing. Took the starter out and took it to swap in on a rebuilt one at Auto Zone. They tested mine and said it was good so I put it back on and never had another issue. Just a possibility since mine did the same as yours.........

The starter solenoid may also be jammed, I had a Bronco II that I would have to tap the solenoid housing on the side of the starter body with a hammer from time to time to free it up while someone turned the ignition over (as mentioned earlier).......

Maybe try tapping on the starter solenoid. I have had to do this on a couple of occasions when they went bad on an expedition I had. If it works change the soleniod... It was mounted on the firewall in the expedition.

Back
Top Bottom