• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Help ODT Truck will not start

Take a common screw driver with you when you are under the truck. Look for the starter the solenoid will be attached to it. There should be two larger wires on it (might be one small and one large). With the screw driver jump them together MAKE SURE YOU ARE OUT OF GEAR OR IN PARK!!! If it turns over it’s not the battery or starter, look for the clutch or park safety switch.

Also check near the brake pedal. There is a brake/safety switch on the back of it that has to be activated.

On one of my vehicles,the switch had gotten knocked out of line by my big foot and needed to be put back in place

Replace the battery, clean all the terminals. At least that is where I would start. Heat plays havoc with batteries

You made sure it was in park, but have you tried to start it in neutral? As you discovered, the starter and battery isnt bad, So something is keeping it from getting power. If you have an extra set of hands, have someone multi meter at different points to discover where the blockage is.

Also if the starter isnt spinning, smacking the solenoid generally wont help. smacking it is to loosen the solenoid, but the starter actually needs to be turning for this to help.

Lot of great ideas. Going to try many tomorrow tracing power dbl checking all connections and fuses relays.

I tried in park, neutral, and jiggling the key both keys all the same nada.

Thanks again odt.

An old F-250 service truck of mine pulled this stunt once, I went through the whole system looking for the problem. Turned out to be a 1/4 inch spot of corrosion on the positive terminal. It was so small that you couldn't have convinced me it was a problem. Another van it turned out to be sand thrown up into the steering column by my boots. Lots of little things that can get one!

Lot of great ideas. Going to try many tomorrow tracing power dbl checking all connections and fuses relays.

I tried in park, neutral, and jiggling the key both keys all the same nada.

Thanks again odt.

Good luck. You know.........you could trade it in on a chevy and not have to worry about being broken down anymore.

Back
Top Bottom