• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help picking a rod

I have a Berkley Lightning, 6'6" light weight that I use when I fish a shakey head worm. But I also use it for crappie. I have a Plfueger light reel with 6lb test.

Iv'e caught 5lb bass as well as 10 oz crappie with it, no problem.
Perfection i own 3 Presidential reels by Plfueger

I like these with 4 lb test. Shakespeare micro graphite. 7 ft lite and 5 ft ultra lite. Got em both at Wal-Mart. I don't like ugly sticks.
20170926_151808_001.jpg

I like these with 4 lb test. Shakespeare micro graphite. 7 ft lite and 5 ft ultra lite. Got em both at Wal-Mart. I don't like ugly sticks. View attachment 1331120

I just casted one of these rods for the first time just this past weekend in Helen GA.
I had it for yrs. bough it at a garage sell and just never used it.
so I got a itch and started to scratch. this pole is amazing. with 4lb test ya cant go wrong
as it allows for distance casting that ya cant get with 6lb test. cant wait to try this one on the hooch.
used 6lb test for backing and about 30 yrs of 4lb. this rig is amazing indeed. I would have never thought
this to be the case with a "wimpy" rod.

not a real big fan of ugly sticks with lures, but bait fishing they get the job done.

Rods work fine for the average size stockers but i have a little problem with the hook set on a larger than average trout. Make sure to use sharp hooks. I really like the 5 foot one in wooly areas with alot of bushes around me

It's a personal selection. How tall are you? Do you mostly overhand or do you just like to lob it. Trying to cast under docks, through brush, around stumps or mostly open water?

Back
Top Bottom