• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help pricing/selling 46 Ford...

Lionheart

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
En vino veritas
210   0
Reaction score
I’m trying to help a relative sell a 46 Ford. Her husband is experiencing severe health problems and this is to help with the medical bills. I’m doing this as a favor and will not be making a dime...just trying to help.
I will post more pictures and details when I get them.
But just off the top of your heads...what is a price range for these cars?

upload_2021-6-15_11-50-26.png
upload_2021-6-15_11-50-26.jpeg

I would want to know more details...to be accurate. The condition of the car is so important (rust/prior repairs, etc) - along with originality.

Does it have the original flathead V8? Auto transmission? Any upgrades to brakes - disc or still drums? AC added?

These items would really affect the price in my opinion.

https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1946/Ford/Super-Deluxe/2-Door-Coupe-5-Passenger/Values

Says $7000 on the low end, $10,000 in the middle and up to about $19,000.

I would start with the auction sites, check BAT (bring a trailer), barrett-Jackson, Mecum, etc. See what comparable cars have sold for, and then list it off that.

I would list on BAT first....its the lowest fees and got the most traction from my friends that have sold on BAT. Facebook and Ebay are lower end listing sites...

I would want to know more details...to be accurate.

Does it have the original flathead V8? Auto transmission? Any upgrades to brakes - disc or still drums? AC added?

These items would really affect the price in my opinion.

https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1946/Ford/Super-Deluxe/2-Door-Coupe-5-Passenger/Values

Says $7000 on the low end, $10,000 in the middle and up to about $19,000.
Thanks for the reply. You will get first shot at this if she gives me more details.
Again, I’m just trying to help an elderly relative who is in a tough spot.

I would start with the auction sites, check BAT (bring a trailer), barrett-Jackson, Mecum, etc. See what comparable cars have sold for, and then list it off that.

I would list on BAT first....its the lowest fees and got the most traction from my friends that have sold on BAT. Facebook and Ebay are lower end listing sites...
I don’t think she wants to deal with the auction houses...she has her plate full taking care of her husband.

I don’t think she wants to deal with the auction houses...she has her plate full taking care of her husband.

If you are wanting to know what a comparable car has sold for, you can see what they've sold for on BAT in the past. Not saying you have to list it...but that's going to be your best price comparison in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom