• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help... retirement firearm gift Ideas

Sure_Shot

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
72   0
Reaction score
My Lt is retiring after 20 years of service. Us at the station all got together and decided to get him something nice. We definitely want to get him a firearm but kinda stumped. We want to get him something classic and memorable. Not an everyday shooter. He's a gun guy but doesn't own a huge collection or anything. He doesn't gun hunt anything other than coyotes out of his cow pastures. He's a bow hunter. He already has some fun tactical guns.

We were thinking something along the lines of a lever gun, an O/U shotgun or side by side, a revolver.... just something nice that he can remember us by. We want to obviously get it engraved on the receiver or grips if a handgun. Make it something special to him.

Any thoughts? Our price range is around $500-600

I think the idea of a small lightweight carry revolver is a good idea.
Nice of you guys, I'm retiring tomorrow and I'm pretty sure all I'll get is a kick in the pants as I leave, lol.

When our Lt Col retired in December, we chipped in and got him a Henry Golden Boy. Had it engraved w/ his years of service and the seal/badge. Presented w the Henry display case. He seemed to like it.

1996.jpg
Get him something commemorating his first year of service that he will never forget.

Henry lever action rifle.
I think you can get it personalized at the factory, or y'all could have a trophy shop put a little brass engraved plate on the stock with a message from all the firefighters.

Lever action rifle is classier than almost any handgun, and it is something that his kids and grandkids are more likely to appreciate ---even those who aren't gun lovers and aren't into evil looking black tactical guns.

Back
Top Bottom