• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help ripping out bushes - $60

Dang, I've under estimated the bush
Two years ago, I cut out about every other bush around the front of my house using a reciprocating saw which cut each bush off at the stump. I then followed up with a brush killer applied to the stumps. I covered everything with pine straw. When the stumps rot out, then I can backfill each indentation with topsoil.

And in case yall are wondering why there would be horrible looking bushes...we recently bought this house so we're not responsible for the prior owners poor decisions. And although I do like a tasteful amount of bush, I prefer my bushes to be well kept and maintained. I also generally like bushes to be trimmed into a straight line

Two years ago, I cut out about every other bush around the front of my house using a reciprocating saw which cut each bush off at the stump. I then followed up with a brush killer applied to the stumps. I covered everything with pine straw. When the stumps rot out, then I can backfill each indentation with topsoil.
Thank you, I'm reading that this is prob the best technique

I would endorse the “cut and cover” solution. I cut two huge hollies down to the ground and painted this stuff on the exposed stumps:
42E9E144-6F7D-4BCA-B333-D80EC0BCF9A6.jpeg

I got it at my local seed & feed where the workers actually have experience with the things they sell. Get a throwaway paintbrush, pour this stuff straight into a disposable pan, and paint it on the stump. Not a sign of anything resembling holly has come up after almost three years. YMMV.

Oh, and DO NOT get it on you or anything you want to live…

I would endorse the “cut and cover” solution. I cut two huge hollies down to the ground and painted this stuff on the exposed stumps:
View attachment 5506095

I got it at my local seed & feed where the workers actually have experience with the things they sell. Get a throwaway paintbrush, pour this stuff straight into a disposable pan, and paint it on the stump. Not a sign of anything resembling holly has come up after almost three years. YMMV.

Oh, and DO NOT get it on you or anything you want to live…
Thank you!

As someone who's ripped out a BUNCH of bushes over the years, I'd put money that those bushes won't be out in 30 minutes using that method.

What will get them out in that time frame is someone with a backhoe or a Mini-X
I've seen Holly bushes bend the forks on a bobcat. Ended up doing like you said and miniex it out of there.

Back
Top Bottom