• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help sourcing non standard stair risers.

Gap at the bottom let’s leaves and debris fall through easily. Trex sells a facia you can buy and rip to fit if you don’t like the gap. Or you can use a 1x8 hardi and paint it for a more interior stair look
548975BD-010B-47EE-A2FB-6584F6FEC938.jpeg

Gap at the bottom let’s leaves and debris fall through easily. Trex sells a facia you can buy and rip to fit if you don’t like the gap. Or you can use a 1x8 hardi and paint it for a more interior stair look
View attachment 3226522

Are these steps wood or are they trex? If trex what do you do on the butt ends to not show the edge of the boards? I ran a skirt board on mine to cover them. I don't really care for it but it turned out ok

Are these steps wood or are they trex? If trex what do you do on the butt ends to not show the edge of the boards? I ran a skirt board on mine to cover them. I don't really care for it but it turned out ok

That pic is a Brazilian hardwood.

On composite I let the ends show. We use Azek and the core is close in color to the surface. I am not a fan of the skirt. A painted stringer does the trick and eliminates the debris trap of the skirt rising up over the end of the board. We are big on eliminating places were organic debris can build up and promote decay. Especially with modern PT

Here is an example. We just stained the PT to match the composite. Simple and clean. We are certainly capable of building a mitered set of stairs but this set will look almost like it does in this picture in ten years. We dial back just a little on the detail for the sake of longevity in deck applications
Azek and Fortress 4.JPG

20180903_191002.jpg
20180929_125004.jpg

I do have problems with stuff getting hung up in the corners but the end of my boards weren't solid.
20180805_181742.jpg

That's the best pic l can find of the ends of the boards. But the bottom of mine had deep grooves

Back
Top Bottom