• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help tuning your bow??? North Georgia

presmak14

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
0   0
Reaction score
If you not satisfied with the way that your local bow shop has set up your bow, I am your guy. If you are wanting more out of your bow set up, I am your guy. Most bow shops, not all, will set your bow up by lining up the arrow with the riser and the string, shoot the bow through paper, and then call it a day. This is just the beginning of the tuning process. The bow shop expects you to know the rest, or expects you to not know any better. Again, this is not every shop. There are some real good ones out there, but they don't have the time to complete the tuning process with you. I offer 3 stages of tuning....good Stage 1, better Stage 2, and best Stage 3. I offer a program that will get your desired level of tuning at a price that everyone can afford. I listed below what each stage offers. I also offer custom arrow cutting, tuning and fletching. If you are interested, please ask for Chuck and call or text me at 706-621-9143. I live in Winder, Ga.

Stage 1 $35.00 1.0 hr. Best for beginner or hunter. (up to 40 yds)

* Install Rest, set Nock Point, tie in D-Loop and adjust for Center Shot
* Install customer provided sight and Jim Fletcher Peep, 1/4 and 3/16 inch available. Other peep options available upon request. Have shooter draw bow and set peep height. Tie in peep
* Adjust sight 1st, 2nd, and 3rd axis level where applicable
* Set Draw Weight and Draw Length adjustment based on shooter measurements
* Adjust strings and/or cables to ensure proper Cam Timing and Peep/D-Loop alignment
* Basic cut pre-fletched arrows based on Draw Length, Draw Weight and Spine Chart.
* Paper Tune fletched arrow for perfect Bullet Hole
* Sight in at 20 yards
* Free Stage 1 adjustment for life of string/cables (Does not include physical damage)

Stage 2 $75.00 2.5 hrs. Best for 3D, Target shooting, & Seasoned Hunter (50-60 yds)

* Includes entire process from Stage 1 plus:
* Basic cut pre-fletched arrows based on Draw Length, Draw Weight and Spine Chart.
* Walk Back Tune – fine tune arrow rest to ensure True Center Shot
* Free Stage 2 adjustments for life of string/cables (Does not include physical damage)

Stage 3 $195.00 5.0-6.0 hrs. Best for precision & long-distance shooting. (100+ yds)

* Includes entire process from Stage 1 and Stage 2 plus:
* Premium Custom Cut Bare shaft arrows for Match Grade Quality arrows using Spine Charts and Archery Software to determine best set up. Depending on brand and quality of arrow, can get arrows to weight within 0.5-1.0 grains of each other. Many times, within 0.1-0.3 grains.
* Bare shaft Paper Tune #1 arrow for Perfect Bullet Hole – adjusting Cam Timing, Cam Lean, and Nock position. Will also mark arrow for spine alignment during fletching process.
* Bare Shaft Nock Tune all arrows through paper to match the #1 arrow to get Match Grade arrow precision. This will ensure proper and consistent arrow flight for every arrow. No more ‘this is my best arrow,’ all arrows will fly the same.
* Fletch arrows based off arrow rotation with custom offset, custom nock to fletching spacing for proper face and cable clearance, customer’s choice of fletching colors and arrow wraps by OneStringer.com
* Paper Tune every Fletched arrow to verify proper arrow flight after fletching arrows.
* Sight in Bow at 20 yards
* Walk Back Tune – fine tune arrow rest to ensure True Center Shot
* Slow Motion Video to visually ensure proper arrow flight and rotation
* Free Stage 3 adjustments for life of current string/cables (Does not include physical damage)
* IMPORTANT: Please be prepared to leave your bow & arrows. Arrows take 24 hours to dry. Cannot complete Stage 3 process in one day. Will schedule second appointment to complete tuning process.

Arrow Building Fees (arrows not included)

* Pre-fletched arrows cut to length based on Draw Length, Draw Weight and Spine Chart. Glue in inserts $15/dozen
* Premium Custom Cut Bare shaft arrows for Match Grade Quality using Spine Charts and Archery Software to determine best set up. Weight matching within .05-1.0 grain of each other. Custom TAC Vanes with Vane Wraps – your choice of colors. If available, will insert weight adjustment for desired FOC% $120/dozen

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Hey Chuck!
My name is Steven and I am interested in getting a compound bow and hunting/target shooting with it. I need a professionals advise on what bow and what additions I need to purchase. You sound very knowledgeable and I would love for any advice you have available. Do you recommend any local bowshops? I live right outside of Winder in Auburn. As soon as I buy a bow I will definitely purchase one of your packages. Thanks for your time

A30D7F82-2F1A-45F5-952D-EBFE44B1EDC6.jpeg
D5C0B83C-AD1F-4652-B1A9-7644B2D087E6.jpeg
89EB128D-83FF-4605-B1C6-D40057012ACC.jpeg

This is my friend's 1990's era Bear compound bow. He bought it for both emergency survival scenarios and backyard target practice, but it is too strong on draw weight for recreational target shooting. It takes too much muscle power to draw it repeatedly for a range session, and it buries its arrows so deep into the target block they are difficult to remove without bending them.

Can you adjust the limbs on this bow or add an extension to the cables or string to give an effectively weaker draw? He only has a couple of junky arrows for it, so he will need to get a new set of matching arrows anyway, therefore whatever you do with the limbs or cables that might change the draw length / arrow length
will be OK, because he'll buy the new arrows of whatever length is correct.

Back
Top Bottom