• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help with Go Kart question!!!

Zen_Life

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Your mom went to college.
145   1
Reaction score
96572E21-FF88-4D9B-AEAF-8778C7E750F5.jpeg
Idk what that part is called I think the sprocket?? But it came loose and now the chain is loose and comes off when I do hard turns on the go kart. I’m curious how do I go about fixing that?

Not familiar with that setup, though it looks like it doesn't have a clutch??

Ours has a bit larger "sprocket" assembly in that spot that allows the engine to idle without the go kart moving forward...

View attachment 2821096 Idk what that part is called I think the sprocket?? But it came loose and now the chain is loose and comes off when I do hard turns on the go kart. I’m curious how do I go about fixing that?
Can you take another picture a little wider? It doesn't look like the drive sprocket, kind of looks like a bearing fell apart that holds that shaft in. Is there another 2 sprockets and chain on the other side of that motor?

Looks like a gear reducer of some sort. Mine had two different sized gears on the same side as the clutch. I removed it, flipped the clutch, and now it does about 40.

Bearing definitely failed on yours.

Can you take another picture a little wider? It doesn't look like the drive sprocket, kind of looks like a bearing fell apart that holds that shaft in. Is there another 2 sprockets and chain on the other side of that motor?[/QUOT

Yeah I’ll take some better pics tomorrow when I get home. I’m new to go karts lol. On the other side is just a belt.

Back
Top Bottom