• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Help with M1 Garand Barrel markings

Real good link as one guy has a barrel with same numbers as mine. Another guy said that number is a SA drawing number so it is a SA barrel.

Also one guy said Marlin barrels had 'Marlin" spelled out. This barrel as been re-parked as on the outside it looks new, so date may have been sand blasted off and or covered with re-parking.

I alos read somewhere that a "M" indicated a production part as opposed to an experimental part.

Great help, Thanks much!!! Mtnsmith

I do need to email CMP and ask about mixed mfg dates they noted. Odd that one was 6/43 and that was same as guy in link with same barrel number.

Attachments

• AnM1G 001.jpg
    AnM1G 001.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 46
  • AnM1G 006.jpg
    AnM1G 006.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 45
Real good link as one guy has a barrel with same numbers as mine. Another guy said that number is a SA drawing number so it is a SA barrel.

Also one guy said Marlin barrels had 'Marlin" spelled out. This barrel as been re-parked as on the outside it looks new, so date may have been sand blasted off and or covered with re-parking.

I alos read somewhere that a "M" indicated a production part as opposed to an experimental part.

Great help, Thanks much!!! Mtnsmith

I do need to email CMP and ask about mixed mfg dates they noted. Odd that one was 6/43 and that was same as guy in link with same barrel number.

Production date of receiver (as per serial number) ?

Back
Top Bottom