• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help with my first time Hunting four leg animals

tazfxrp

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
30   0
Reaction score
I have my 30-30 and compound now dialed in and a friend is taking me. Do to my disability I have to hunt from the ground. I'm looking for a blind I can borrow before I find out if I'm able to hunt. I can buy the clothing but would be grateful and be able to reciprocate somehow.

Please impart any knowledge and anything on equipment. I would really appreciate it
Tazfxrp

I have my 30-30 and compound now dialed in and a friend is taking me. Do to my disability I have to hunt from the ground. I'm looking for a blind I can borrow before I find out if I'm able to hunt. I can buy the clothing but would be grateful and be able to reciprocate somehow.

Please impart any knowledge and anything on equipment. I would really appreciate it
Tazfxrp
I don't know your limitations. Some of my favorite hunting was done in a fold up sports chair sitting in some brush and small trees. I was normally in the edge of a field or a clear cut.

That's what I've been leaning (left above knee amputee) towards.
I walk fine, just getting in a tree stand is the problem. I wonder if I can find a chair the swivels?

Will the movement of drawing the arrow back spook them? I also will have a 30-30 with me.

Thanks for your suggestion.
T

Yeah if you have the ability, or someone to help you, you can make a killer ground blind out of what nature provides. Then you just need a chair and a camo shirt and cap. Only problem is the wind, if the wind is at your back then the blind is no good and can’t be moved. Amazon has some cheap ($20) fold up blinds that can be great for hunting on the ground.
F83248FE-B945-44E4-8981-3E4E60547B97.png

On the ground without a good blind, bow hunting will be difficult. But with that 30-30 you shouldn’t have a problem.

99% of my deer were killed while I was hunting on the ground.

My best friend is also an amputee, above the left knee same as you, and he is an avid hunter. My uncle was paralyzed from the waist down and he hunted from a golf cart with a burlap camo net draped around it. He killed a ton of great deer.

There may be a little trial and error involved, but you will quickly discover what works for you. You will also love deer hunting, I do believe! Good luck

the big box stores such as Academy or BassPro or Cabelas sell cheap ground blinds of all variety. get one of them and a bucket with a nice cushion and you should be ready to go

Back
Top Bottom