Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Need help with Polaris sportsman

Zip Code: 30624

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I recently bought a 07 Polaris sportsman 500 ho from an older guy that said he bought it new. Has 150 ish hours on it and it looked very well taken care of. Very clean. No signs of abuse AT ALL. As soon as I bought it I changed all the fluids with Polaris recommended fluids,plug, air filter.however I notice a rattle sound from the engine after I got used to it. I researched as much as I could and everthi g I saw and heard said it was normal that most-all polarises had this and it was just the normal. (Bad news). Maybe only a month after having it i was riding with some nephews and they wanted to race a lil dirt bike they was riding so I said sure! We took off on maybe a 500 yard straight away on level fairly smooth ground.whipped em of course...or so I thought. Got to the end and turned around, they wanted some more so lined up, took off, this time I only made it 100 yards when I heard a loud pop and it locked down. So to find out it blew a hole out of the side of the block. Half the hole is on the jug, half on the crankcase.:( Now. What do I do?i have no idea what cause this. I have 4 wheelers and dirt bikes my whole life and treated them way harder than this quad that I was trying to take care of. Does anyone know where the best place to find a rebuilt engine is? Or should I try to find a new crankcase and jug and put my engine parts in (- what’s busted in mine. )?or who to even talk to about this issue. I loved this quad the short time it was running and I want it fixed but I can’t afford a brand new engine, they cost more than I paid for the whole thing. Any info will help thanks!

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Someone else told me it may have broke a rod. Although I haven’t taken it a part to see exactly what happened. If it did tho what reason do you think would of caused it to!!??

Over revved, oil starvation to rod bearing, failed rod bearing cap bolt. Just a few possibles.

The first run I just nailed it from a dead stop at idle. The second run I held the brake and reved it up a lil then took off. That’s the one that got me.

The first run I just nailed it from a dead stop at idle. The second run I held the brake and reved it up a lil then took off. That’s the one that got me.

You may have had an existing condition causing the noise. The high power settings just pushed it over the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom