• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help with pool pump

whitelightnin22

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
Hard Workin’ Honky
139   0
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a pop up 18ft diameter pool with a sandpro 75d pump and filter. Unfortunately it seems like I spend more time cleaning it and trying to clear the water up than actually enjoying it. One major issue I notice is while I am vacuuming the pool out I literally see murky colored water returning into the pool. It clouds up the entire pool and takes days to clear up. I don’t understand why it does this when i backwash the filter really well before I start vacuuming. I could understand this happening if the pool was beyond filthy but its not bad in my opinion. I already changed the sand out a few weeks back so that can’t be the issue. Every time we go to the pool place and ask the people there it is always some kid that has no idea why it is doing that but hey maybe buying $100 worth of chemicals can fix it! I am at my wits end with this. Can anyone help me?

It’s been several years but it sounds to me like when you are vacuuming it is bypassing the filter. Does your filter have a setting for vacuum? Pools can be a pain. I have a 18x36 hole in my backyard right now. Needs a liner. It’s my wife’s pool lol. She got a pool I got a Harley.

If you are using a sand filter and have algae it is highly recommended you vacuum to waste.
You will need to add water as you vacuum.

Here is the link to a fantastic independent pool shop in Sharpsburg and the folks can help you get your pool back on track.

Thanks guys that seems like the sensible option to vacuum to waste. I guess I was hopeful that the sand would filter out all particles but wishful thinking huh?!
1. Shock the pool for a couple of days until the green algae turns grey. (no swimming)
2. Vacuum the grey dead algae to waste adding water as you vacuum.
3. Balance the water and chlorine to recommended level.
4. Swim and enjoy
5. MAINTAIN the water balance and proper chlorine level as it can be 1/4 the cost to prevent algae as it is to treat algae. :cool: 💰

Back
Top Bottom