Lindas nugs 025.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Lindas nugs 028.JPG
    Lindas nugs 028.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Lindas nugs 029.JPG
    Lindas nugs 029.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 19
I have a Winchester 63 of my Grandfather's. 1947 vintage. Seems he was asked to confiscate it by my great Grandparents from my Grandmother's Brother who liked to drink himself stupid. That Brother was robbed and murdered in 1965 while on a binge, from what I gathered. But supposedly he was the original owner of said Winchester. The 63 had a lot of firepower for a civilian when it was introduced. The one I have has " Use SuperX or Super Speed( can't remember which exactly. Been a while since I've ventured that far in the safe) Long Rifle Ammo". Hard to imagine, nowadays, that a 22 rifle was thought by some as serious firepower, 55 miles NE. of Downtown Atlanta, not long after the 2ond World War. But the same Grandfather had to dig his Grandparents up from the family cemetery and move the caskets with a mule and wagon before they backed up Lake Lanier. I asked why he didn't use his truck. He kinda laughed and said not many folks in the the area had motorized vehicles then. I'm thinking, what? He said even if you had the funds back then in the rural areas, you had to go to Atlanta and order a vehicle. Even the dealerships were lucky to have just 1 car in the showroom. The larger cities closer to the assembly plants were buying the vehicles faster than they could build them I suppose. Sorry I got off subject a bit. But local history has always fascinated me. And I'm not far from 60. If any older members here have anything to add or contradict, to any of these ramblings I just bored you with I would be honored to hear about it in another thread

The Krieghoff value depends entirely on age, use and condition plus extras. Being an older gun it lacks a few of the engineering changes of the current K-80. I can see the stock looks to be a older #5 in which case it will have a palm swell on both the left and right sides of the grips.
are the barrels fixed choked or tubes?
What are barrel lengths and choke constrictions.
What are the barrel lengths.

Of interest would be the serial number, with it you can find an estimated date of manufacture. Does the gun come with a hard (luggage) case? Old leather adds little value, Americase will have added value if in good condition.

If you were close to Grayson I'd offer to review the K-80 for you. No one can give you an accurate value on the Krieghoff without knowledge of the brand and custom offerings from Krieghoff.

If a person has never owned one they would only be guessing, if they can't spell Krieghoff walk away. LOL!

A brand new Nickle K-80 Standard grade sporting with a number 3 stock, Krieghoff-Negrini or Americase hard case and 5 Titanium choke tubes can be found for $10,500 delivered. Many sellers ask a great deal for a krieghoff based on the commitment and sentimental pride of ownership, but older guns lacking upgrades will not demand premium prices.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any additional questions.

The K-80 is marked W. Germany, which makes the date of manufacture prior to 1990.

I agree that if it has been shot, no reason to not assemble it and shoot it.

Former owner of a 4 BBL Krieghoff, there's nothing special about assembling one.

I would think that a bona fide potential purchaser would insist on shooting it.

They have the reputation of being built like bank vaults, and the owners of them in competitive shooting don't do very much to baby them,

Two barrel set is interesting, would be interested in what the chokes are.

Back
Top Bottom