• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help with the Lee auto loader

Lol.. now that a powder measures correctly ( diffrent powder) now my primers won’t feed.. what is wrong with me.. lol
I have found for good primer feeding the tray needs to have at least 150 primers. Never let the primer trough get low or it will feed very poor or not at all. The priming system on the Pro1000 is the Achilles heel of this unit. I often times just run brass that I hand primed when I need to get through fast.

Lol.. now that a powder measures correctly ( diffrent powder) now my primers won’t feed.. what is wrong with me.. lol
Lee only recommends CCI and one other primer I am too lazy to look up. I have found CCI feed a lot better and S&B primers were frustrating.

I thought I replied Friday but dont see it. If you want to use Titegroup you can drill and tap one of the holes and insert a tap screw and adjust it in and out until it drops what you are looking for.

I have found for good primer feeding the tray needs to have at least 150 primers. Never let the primer trough get low or it will feed very poor or not at all. The priming system on the Pro1000 is the Achilles heel of this unit. I often times just run brass that I hand primed when I need to get through fast.
I’ve about decided this is the route I’m going to take

I think Lee also has an extra small disk for smaller charges. The adjustable powder measure in post #14 works well also. I prefer the disk if they drop the amount I want, but if not, I use the adjustable bar.

I traditionally load on a Dillon 550b, but bought a Lee Load Master for volume with 9mm and 40 and the primer feed is what causes me the most problems. The biggest issue is, you seat the primer the same time you resize brass, so if it is more difficult than normal, you can't tell if it is a priming issue or a sizing issue. The Dillon does those in separate steps, so you can always tell if there is a problem with priming. Using the Load Master is the one and only time I have ever had a primer pop on me.

I also use the Lee Autodisk on my Dillon 550b, it is my preferred powder measure for pistol cartridges.

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom