• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Hog Hunting setup advice

What you are wanting to do is different than what my friend and I do? We use thermals and glass fields for farmers that want rid of the hogs. if they are there, we stalk up to them and kill as many as we can once the first shot is fired. Most we've done in one sitting is 33. I've done it the way you are wanting to do it and what we found to be the best thing was leftover chocolate candy from M&M mars that they sweep up and sell as animal feed. We actually made a product called Hawg Feast but I couldn't ever get a foot in the door with a major SG chain or Walmart...I have tons of video showing both Hogs and Bear going for this stuff over several different concoctions that are well known out there...I filmed one bear laying in it eating for two hours straight. It was awesome!

What you are wanting to do is different than what my friend and I do? We use thermals and glass fields for farmers that want rid of the hogs. if they are there, we stalk up to them and kill as many as we can once the first shot is fired. Most we've done in one sitting is 33. I've done it the way you are wanting to do it and what we found to be the best thing was leftover chocolate candy from M&M mars that they sweep up and sell as animal feed. We actually made a product called Hawg Feast but I couldn't ever get a foot in the door with a major SG chain or Walmart...I have tons of video showing both Hogs and Bear going for this stuff over several different concoctions that are well known out there...I filmed one bear laying in it eating for two hours straight. It was awesome!
If your ever looking for a new partner or hunting buddy, talk gear or what ever. that’s all I do is kill hogs at night. It’s hard to find places that have open areas such as farms.

I set up spin feeder in an open area,use a reveal camera when I get the pic they there,I’m at camp watching tv,get on electric golf cart and approach from down wind and kill all I can using night visio,usually 2 to 4 most was 8.go back to camp and go to bed.when I get up the next mourning take the front end loader on Tracter scoop them up throw them in the hole.and repeat when they start coming back to feeder.

I HATE HOGS

I set up spin feeder in an open area,use a reveal camera when I get the pic they there,I’m at camp watching tv,get on electric golf cart and approach from down wind and kill all I can using night visio,usually 2 to 4 most was 8.go back to camp and go to bed.when I get up the next mourning take the front end loader on Tracter scoop them up throw them in the hole.and repeat when they start coming back to feeder.

I HATE HOGS
You can only put so many in the freezer

Grew up in southwest Florida most times we used dogs to catch hogs but if you just want to sit and kill them sour up a bunch of corn dig a deep hole fill it with the corn on and site in a stand or ground blind and shoot them just below the ear and they will drop right there .

Setting this out this weekend. We will see how it performs.

1641570993232.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom