• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need HVAC fixed in Stockbridge!

Yep! Check the capacitor first, should be about $30 and a hvac supplier should sell it to you. If not the cap, the motor is probably the next culprit and you can change that yourself also.

90% chance it’s a capacitor. Easy and cheap fix you can do yourself. Just watch some YouTube videos.

Same thing happened to me and it took less than 10 minutes to get working again. Got quoted $150-200 for them to come change it. It was 10 minutes and less than $40 for the part.

90% chance it’s a capacitor. Easy and cheap fix you can do yourself. Just watch some YouTube videos.

Same thing happened to me and it took less than 10 minutes to get working again. Got quoted $150-200 for them to come change it. It was 10 minutes and less than $40 for the part.
Yep, I just went through this a few weeks ago. Cost me $145 for the service guy to come out and spend 10-15 minutes. Wish I would have just done it myself.

OP, make sure you pull the breaker fuse at the unit before you do anything else. You don't want that spark in your life!

Be careful handling a capacitor. It can ruin your day if it is not fully discharged.

Yep
Some units have two caps

The one that’s bad will be all swelled up usually

If the hvac place won’t sell em to you
Grainger will
But it will cost double

You will need to YouTube how to discharge the caps
And remove the bad one and take it with you
Or take a good pic of the numbers on the side of it

Back
Top Bottom