• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Knife Vendor / Educator for BSA Scout Show

Ringleader

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
I am the Chairman of the BSA Scout Show held at the Gwinnett Fairgrounds on April 23rd. As a Scout Master, Scouter etc, I am aware of the misinformation regarding Scouts not allowed to carry / use sheath knives. This cannot be further from the truth and I have spent the last 15 years or so trying to debunk this myth with some success.
What I am looking for is a knife person well versed in knives who can display knives and talk about knife safety and the fact BSA does not have a no knife policy. I'll help educate you on the BSA policy and talking points and even have a few scouters with you to reinforce the point.
You can sell your knives or sharpening tools etc as a vendor but I am going to allow a free booth under the label of education as we try to get scouts and the scouting population to understand this myth is not helpful to outdoorsmen.
PM always works if you are available to assist and for more info.
Thanks

Not sure, have him contact me and we'll get him in. We're trying to get Scout Show back on track.
Contact Jerry Costin, Flint River Knife Club. He can probably help you out. I'm already booked for that weekend or I'd be glad to help. Tell Jerry I referred you, he and the club do a great job promoting knife making and knife rights.

I did this before for one of the Woodstock troops a good while back. I have also done quite a few bladesmithing demos in the past for like groups. Biggest issue (as you can figure) are that most troops meet at public schools where knives are prohibited. I'd be glad to help you with this in the future whenever we can work out a timeline, so don't hesitate to reach out.

I participated in the BSA as a Scout from can to can't (age wise) then served as an associate leader off and on as work career allowed. Silver Palm Eagle & OA Vigil back in the day.

Contact Jerry Costin, Flint River Knife Club. He can probably help you out. I'm already booked for that weekend or I'd be glad to help. Tell Jerry I referred you, he and the club do a great job promoting knife making and knife rights.

I did this before for one of the Woodstock troops a good while back. I have also done quite a few bladesmithing demos in the past for like groups. Biggest issue (as you can figure) are that most troops meet at public schools where knives are prohibited. I'd be glad to help you with this in the future whenever we can work out a timeline, so don't hesitate to reach out.

I participated in the BSA as a Scout from can to can't (age wise) then served as an associate leader off and on as work career allowed. Silver Palm Eagle & OA Vigil back in the day.
Thank you Sir, on it.

Back
Top Bottom