• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

North East GA  Need land to shoot please!!!!!!!!

King mackerel

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
4   0
Reaction score
I live in Athens and just curious if anyone has some land I can take my guns out to. I will compensate or if you have a farm I can help around. I going to the range can get boring at times and shooting outdoors is just so much more fun. If you know anyone or hanse some land where I can take my gun out and is not to far from Athens please pm me.

Thanks
Michael

The Firing Lane off Atlanta Highway has a membership option. It's $250 for 1 year. Shoot as much as you want whenever you want. It's not outside but it is an option.

The Athens Rifle Club is out 441 near where we met the other day. They are currently at capacity but will more then likely have some open spots come renewal time next year (Feb-Mar). It's all outside and a nice anf fun place to go. I believe it's $100 per year with a $75 fee with your first year registration. Meetings, readings, and applications accepted the first Thursday of every month at 8:00pm.

There are some nice ranges in surrounding counties worth driving to if you don't shoot very often. However, if you like to shoot at least twice a week it may be worth it to buy a membership at one of the above options and save the fuel.

Just my 2 cents.

The Firing Lane off Atlanta Highway has a membership option. It's $250 for 1 year. Shoot as much as you want whenever you want. It's not outside but it is an option.

The Athens Rifle Club is out 441 near where we met the other day. They are currently at capacity but will more then likely have some open spots come renewal time next year (Feb-Mar). It's all outside and a nice anf fun place to go. I believe it's $100 per year with a $75 fee with your first year registration. Meetings, readings, and applications accepted the first Thursday of every month at 8:00pm.

There are some nice ranges in surrounding counties worth driving to if you don't shoot very often. However, if you like to shoot at least twice a week it may be worth it to buy a membership at one of the above options and save the fuel.

Just my 2 cents.

Yes, you are correct about ARC. That is where I shoot and run my courses. Go ahead and come to the next meeting in Dec, because you must attend two meetings before you can be accepted, plus be a NRA member. Once you have completed your two meetings, safety meeting you will be on a waiting list until April and they go in order of who applies

A friend of mine has some land in Auburn that's got a range set up. You can go with me the next time I go. He's been b*tching about me calling him to shoot anyway.

I've got some land in Canon, about 30-40 min from Athens. I haven't been lately with football season, but will probably go shoot one weekend when it's warm

Back
Top Bottom